GDT: [#11] Stars @ Flames

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
cut.jpg

Dallas Stars (5-5-0) at Calgary Flames (5-5-0)

Friday, October 27
8 p.m.
TV: FOX Sports Southwest
Radio: The Ticket 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Season Series

• This is the first of three meetings between the Stars and Flames this season.
  • The Stars were 1-2-0 against Calgary last season.
  • The Stars are 4-1-1 in their past six games in Calgary.
Statistical Tidbits

• The Stars are 1-4-0 on the road.
  • The Flames are 1-3-0 at home
  • The Stars are 0-1-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season.
  • The Stars are tied for 17th in goal scoring (3.00/game) and rank 17th in goals against (3.10/game).
  • The Flames rank 28th in goals scoring (2.40/game) and are tied for 13th in goals against (3.00/game)
  • The Stars have allowed 17 goals in the past four games.
  • The Flames have scored two goals or fewer in five of their past six games.
  • The Stars are 19-for-19 on the penalty kill over the past six games.
  • The Flames have allowed six power-play goals in their past four games.
  • The Stars have scored on the power play in seven of their 10 games this season.
  • Jamie Benn leads the Stars in scoring with 13 points (seven goals, six assists).
  • Johnny Gaudreau leads the Flames in scoring with 12 points (two goals, 10 assists)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Holy shit, Kari’s lack of mobility was so very evident on the chance after Klingberg fell down. Kari could not move across his crease. Thankfully, the Flames missed the net.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
5on5 we kinda suck but Special Teams are certainly excellent...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team still really needs way more secondary offense. Hanzal , Spezza and Ritchie have been really disapointing .

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Shore on the point has certainly been surprisingly effective. Good for him.

Pateryn leading the team in TOI last night made me lose sleep though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
First game I missed. Only saw some highlights. Spezza appeared to have some nice passes, but other than that he has been absolutely brutal. He knows, too. Sometimes he throws his weight around trying to compensate, yet the next shift he forgets to cover his man entirely. I guess father time is really catching up this year.

Also, did Honka do something wrong? Injured? Can’t believe he’s now 8th on the depthchart.

And I actually like the rest of our blueline for once. Methot has been steady; Klingberg is his usual self and is progressing in his own zone; Johns and Lindell are taking big steps and Hamhuis is just solid, too.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
And I actually like the rest of our blueline for once. Methot has been steady; Klingberg is his usual self and is progressing in his own zone; Johns and Lindell are taking big steps and Hamhuis is just solid, too.

I rarely hear Methot's name on a broadcast which I think pleases me. He definitely seems to be playing an efficient game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->