GDT: #11 | Penguins @ Maple Leafs | Hot Dogging It | 7:00pm | 10-31-2015 HNIC ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
The problem with Fehr in the Top 6 is that he has not played LW. He has played RW and C, but not LW. It may be better to place Bonino on Geno's LW, have him take face offs and let Fehr center the 3rd line. If Fehr goes to the 3rd line, I'd put Plotnikov with him, as well as Dupuis. I think that could be a excellent 3rd line. The problem would be that if they move Dupuis, then our junior coach would put Kunitz back on the first line. Would like to see what Sprong or Bennett could do on this line, because you know Dupuis will be stapled to Sid. Would rather see the Top 6 get younger. (But, that won't happen with this coach. He never got the MANDATE!). The youth will not get an opportunity, unless there is a trade removing a forward for a defenseman. Maybe Bab's would like to get his hands on Kunitz. I do think a trade will happen soon to address our defense and allieviate our excess forward numbers, probably Perron.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
have to put Clendening in for that to be an option imo. Which we should do regardless, so I agree :laugh:

Gotta find Letang a D partner who can move the puck. Or Maatta needs to take a big step this year.

This would benefit Sid as much as a LW.

And Fehr should be in our top 6 next game. He's more than a good 3C.

Agreed on the need for a #2/3. That's by far and away our biggest need right now. We've got the guys to fill out a great forward corps. It's the blueline that's atrocious and needs help.

Agreed on Fehr too. There's your LW for Geno-Kessel.

keep the ersxetzxez sx exx and xrd

Say again?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The problem with Fehr in the Top 6 is that he has not played LW. He has played RW and C, but not LW. It may be better to place Bonino on Geno's LW, have him take face offs and let Fehr center the 3rd line. If Fehr goes to the 3rd line, I'd put Plotnikov with him, as well as Dupuis. I think that could be a excellent 3rd line. The problem would be that if they move Dupuis, then our junior coach would put Kunitz back on the first line. Would like to see what Sprong or Bennett could do on this line, because you know Dupuis will be stapled to Sid. Would rather see the Top 6 get younger. (But, that won't happen with this coach. He never got the MANDATE!). The youth will not get an opportunity, unless there is a trade removing a forward for a defenseman. Maybe Bab's would like to get his hands on Kunitz. I do think a trade will happen soon to address our defense and allieviate our excess forward numbers, probably Perron.

He has. Oates moved him to LW, then later to center.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Let me understand this... i buy a subscription FROM THE NHL... and they black me and other GameCenter subscribers out because the game is on the NHL-owned network? Un****ing believable. More marketing genius from the dipsh^ts in Manhattan. **** you Uncle Gary.

It's exactly why I didn't give my money to the NHL for GameCenter this season.

************* has what I want/need, without blackouts. That's my only issue, the blackouts. I'd gladly fork my money over to the NHL for GC if they'd get rid of this stupid nationally televised game blackout ****.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
But, he was not as effective there. Plus, I like the idea of that big "Gronk-like" center on the third line.

Your intital statement was that he'd never played LW ... now you're saying he wasn't as effective there? IDK ... I don't really watch Caps games. From the articles that I found, he produced on LW.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I think Fehr is better at C than Bonino, so I'd rather move Bonino.

Fehr produced, but I found him significantly better at C than at either wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad