GDT: 11/28/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Worst 2-0 shutout I can recall viewing.

Kucherov was just flat selfish at the end there. Shift was too long, took an unnecessary icing. I'm not happy with how he's playing right now.

Reactions: Selyanin

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Kucherov was just flat selfish at the end there. Shift was too long, took an unnecessary icing. I'm not happy with how he's playing right now.
I hate to use stereotypes but Kuch was looking very russian today.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Saw the game but wasn't really entertained. I'm glad we got the 2 points and Vasy to get a shutout but there wasn't much to see, oh well, it should mean that the team will have no excuses tomorrow.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Good for Goalrardi.

Buffalo shouldn't be this bad, I get their lineup is kind of meh but they should be a bit better than 6 wins. I thought that was a fairly boring and easy game.

Hopefully the team can show up tomorrow and play in front of Budaj.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
A win's a win. Buffalo doesn't score on Vasy. He knows it and they know it.

That being said, most of the team stunk tonight. Stunk. First line especially. Stammer and Kuch are totally out of sync at the moment. All the lines are kind of out of sync right now, minus Point, Gourde and Palat. Sustr was Sustr, and scoring was the only thing Girardi got right. Everyone except Vasy should have to take a Greyhound to Boston.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Man I can already see it coming cooper takes stamkos off line one and puts the triplets back together

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I hate to use stereotypes but Kuch was looking very russian today.
He kind of did at times; he tends to get bad about cheating forward when he's in a slump. To his credit, he was more noticeably active on D in the third. I'm not worried about him.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015

Meh. I kind of felt like he had Coop's blessing, and that that's why he was out there to begin with. It also looked to me like he checked up on the negated icing so as not to steal Point's try at the empty net. He and Point seemed to be joking about it after. Thought it was a pretty savvy, stand-up thing for him to do in the moment, given how badly he wants to score right now. We see what we wanna see I guess.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wasn't an overly entertaining game to watch live but was still glad to see them pick up the win.

Kuch needs to shoot the damn puck. His first 17 games or so all he did was shoot, from everywhere and would score. Now he's in a slump and won't shoot anymore.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Really boring game. Just a meh effort that wouldn't fly against a good team. No real positives from this game besides Vasi and Sergachev.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Wasn't an overly entertaining game to watch live but was still glad to see them pick up the win.

Kuch needs to shoot the damn puck. His first 17 games or so all he did was shoot, from everywhere and would score. Now he's in a slump and won't shoot anymore.
His shot's been a little off lately. He absolutely needs to shoot more, but he's clearly not feeling it at the moment. He and Stammer both. I don't know that I've ever seen Stammer whif as bad on one-timers as he did a couple of times tonight. If he's still using Kuch's stick he needs to go back to his old stick, and Kuch needs to give it a try as well.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Didn't deserve an empty net goal either. Just a typical phase of the season for him, I wish I could say this is something he'll improve on but it's just going to come with his play.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So did we "bench" Stammer and Vlad or was it just to protect them in a sure thing (but boring) win? They both didn't play the last 7+ minutes.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Ho hum win. Our passing is really poor lately. Hopefully, they get back in a groove.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
So did we "bench" Stammer and Vlad or was it just to protect them in a sure thing (but boring) win? They both didn't play the last 7+ minutes.

They were not playing great so bench them. although I can't see coop really benching Stamkos so it could just be resting them for today game. So really I honestly think it could be one, the other or both.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They were not playing great so bench them. although I can't see coop really benching Stamkos so it could just be resting them for today game. So really I honestly think it could be one, the other or both.
Neither was Kucherov and he was out there...

Honestly, I think a big part of it is that Buffalo pulled Lehner so early (with like 4:30 left), so Coop had to shift things around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->