GDT: 11/25/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You have to be the worst poster on this forum. We either agree with blind homerism or you post hyperbolic walls of text that no one wants to read. It's a hockey forum and we are allowed to have different views of this team. Some of us see flaws here that shouldn't be hand waved away because of our record. We made that mistake in the past and it hurt us. If you don't like to see differing opinions then get off the internet.

Dude you were one of many people calling for Cooper's head after TWO games. And I'm the hyperbolic one?

We wanted him fired because he didn't bench Vasy in favor of an AHL goalie when the team was in shambles mentally

We wanted him fired because he couldn't singlehandedly right said locker room that was without it's captains. Yet that fixed right up as soon as Stamkos and Callahan traveled with the team.

We wanted him fired for playing .500 hockey with Vasy while the team was healthy around January

We wanted him fired because we iced an AHL team by Thanksgiving and proceeded to play at least half of last year under such circumstances

What issues are we seeing, Matt? We don't have zone exit problems. We don't have zone entry problems. We consistently outplay the opposition even strength shorthanded and on the power play. THOSE were issues and on occasion we have entire periods with problems in these areas. But we consistently right the ship and win.

The biggest problem is that the team (especially Kucherov) is over thinking and forgetting the fundamentals. It's nothing we haven't seen before that the team itself or coaching staff cannot correct. We made about 20 games before this started in.

It's a long season. There's gonna be a few bumps. There's gonna be blown coverage. There's gonna be bad bounces.

This isn't blind homerism. It's about the fact that people spent TWO YEARS saying the sky was falling and then we marched out to the best record in the NHL the second we used some addition by subtraction, a few trades, the full time inclusion of Point and NOT icing an AHL team.

Matt I don't disagree with your observations.

I'm trying to keep the board off suicide watch. Another bad game and suddenly the system is gonna magically break again, Coop will have lost the locker room and it'll time for change again.

Meanwhile the Lightning locker room would laugh themselves to tears if they could see way we act here.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We'll be fine. Wouldn't mind seeing a slight lineup shake-up. Nothing major, but something to see what else we might be able to spark.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
You can tell the team's playing poorly by the way we start turning on each other on the forum, Lol.

I agree that a lineup shuffle may be in order, but things start getting dicey in terms of chemistry the minute we shakeup the top two lines. I like the thought of, say, Kuch with Point and Palat, but Gourde, Stammer and Names just doesn't seem like it'd work on paper. Maybe TJ, Killer, Stammer? But then what, Names, Gourde and... Brown? I can't see that line producing anything. The chemistry on the top two lines has really been making the whole darn thing work, and I'm not confident there's a better solution without someone from Syracuse coming up and playing like an all-star.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For what it's worth there's no problem pointing out issues rationally (which the likes of Matt ALWAYS do) because there is a MAJOR difference between that and literally moping to the point of blatant trolling.

That's why I went out of my way to mock a eulogy. If it looked stupid then you saw what I did last night and the post did it's job

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't read your posts. I'm not completely sure why--when I see your name/avatar combo I don't have any particular feeling of revulsion, but I figure I must have read a post I thought wasn't useful to read, or annoying, or whatever.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Like someone mentioned above. This forum has started looking like this since 30 seconds into the Isles game.

circasurvive-circa-survive-schema-5845a5460812ab44ba7276f3-g.gif

This is the seasonal point where forum members start turning on each other.

I'm over here if anybody wants in on my survival group.

Never-Ever-Ever-Give-Up-Steve-Carell.gif

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Like someone mentioned above. This forum has started looking like this since 30 seconds into the Isles game.

circasurvive-circa-survive-schema-5845a5460812ab44ba7276f3-g.gif

This is the seasonal point where forum members start turning on each other.

I'm over here if anybody wants in on my survival group.

Never-Ever-Ever-Give-Up-Steve-Carell.gif

Make room for me. Some of us know how to be adults and not throw temper tantrums when we have a bad game or two.

What I find most hilarious is that last night's game was won by the officiating, yet here we are still blaming the team.

Sigh. Oh well.

/scurrys off to Stammertime's survival hut

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Make room for me. Some of us know how to be adults and not throw temper tantrums when we have a bad game or two.

What I find most hilarious is that last night's game was won by the officiating, yet here we are still blaming the team.

Sigh. Oh well.

/scurrys off to Stammertime's survival hut

Blamming the refs, very "adult like". Some of you "adults" are so fragile to criticism, like you guys live in a bubble.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You have to be the worst poster on this forum. We either agree with blind homerism or you post hyperbolic walls of text that no one wants to read. It's a hockey forum and we are allowed to have different views of this team. Some of us see flaws here that shouldn't be hand waved away because of our record. We made that mistake in the past and it hurt us. If you don't like to see differing opinions then get off the internet.

Calls him out on wall of hyperbole, resonds with wall of hyperbole. You'd think an adult could condense his arguments.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Blamming the refs, very "adult like". Some of you "adults" are so fragile to criticism, like you guys live in a bubble.

If you're trying to tell me that the refs didn't significantly throw that game in the favor of the Penguins, we clearly watched different games. :)

Take a look at their own board. They were loving how much the calls were going their way.

Crosby cutting himself, followed by a dental exam that found a trace amount of blood after he cut his own lip.

Stralman being called for a trip when the reverse camera angle actually shows he put no weight on him, and the stick has no bearing on the skater falling. The guy dove, completely.

There's a big difference between blaming refs on bullshit, and blaming refs for seriously changing the tempo of a game.

After the 1st period it should have been 1-0 Pittsburgh. Instead it was 3-0 because of bad officiating. :)

Being adult like is coming on here and bitching out other people because they don't agree with me (something we're all guilty of, but also something I'm just skipping out on this go around).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you're trying to tell me that the refs didn't significantly throw that game in the favor of the Penguins, we clearly watched different games. :)

Take a look at their own board. They were loving how much the calls were going their way.

Crosby cutting himself, followed by a dental exam that found a trace amount of blood after he cut his own lip.

Stralman being called for a trip when the reverse camera angle actually shows he put no weight on him, and the stick has no bearing on the skater falling. The guy dove, completely.

There's a big difference between blaming refs on bull****, and blaming refs for seriously changing the tempo of a game.

After the 1st period it should have been 1-0 Pittsburgh. Instead it was 3-0 because of bad officiating. :)

Being adult like is coming on here and *****ing out other people because they don't agree with me (something we're all guilty of, but also something I'm just skipping out on this go around).

If I didn't know any better this might come off as a "temper tantrum" post.

Also, says he doesn't call people out, after posting a post that calls people out. Maybe search up hypocrite Mr. Adult. ;)

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Yeah, the top line has been colder than the Yukon the last couple of games. Back to the overpassing crap. :facepalm: Yeah, we should have converted on that 4 minute power play and Serg made a really bad rookie mistake while quarterbacking the power play that lead to one of the goals against. And yeah, the refs were unusually 'involved' in this game. Been watching hockey a long time...a long time. Can't remember ever seeing THREE 5 on 3 penalties on the same team during the same game. The Crosby dental exam, Strålman getting called for playing good defense and the Girardi whapping at the puck call at the very least were questionable.

But it's just two losses, the boys did give a better effort during what little 5 on 5 there was, Budaj made some decent saves, and there's a whole lot more hockey to play. Sooooo...

nevergiveup.gif

:cool:

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, the top line has been colder than the Yukon the last couple of games. Back to the overpassing crap. :facepalm: Yeah, we should have converted on that 4 minute power play and Serg made a really bad rookie mistake while quarterbacking the power play that lead to one of the goals against. And yeah, the refs were unusually 'involved' in this game. Been watching hockey a long time...a long time. Can't remember ever seeing THREE 5 on 3 penalties on the same team during the same game. The Crosby dental exam, Strålman getting called for playing good defense and the Girardi whapping at the puck call at the very least were questionable.

But it's just two losses, the boys did give a better effort during what little 5 on 5 there was, Budaj made some decent saves, and there's a whole lot more hockey to play. Sooooo...

nevergiveup.gif

:cool:

What is that Tim Allen gif from?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we can put our differences away and all agree...

Galaxy Quest is a great movie.

There’s a new show produced and starring Seth MacFarlane, called The Orville. Similar feel to Galaxy Quest, has comedy, drama, and action in a Star Trek type show. Just got renewed for a 2nd season. I Think its pretty good.

Also, R.I.P. Alan Rickman his dry humor really made that movie work very well.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad