GDT: 11/25/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
This team isn't going to win a damn thing this year if we don't wake up and do it fast. They did the same crap last year and before we knew it the Spring was here and we were in an impossible hole.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I just got home. Thanks for sparing me the replay with the comments here. Just ugh.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This team isn't going to win a damn thing this year if we don't wake up and do it fast. They did the same crap last year and before we knew it the Spring was here and we were in an impossible hole.
We’re 34 points a top the division big difference from last year at this time. Going to play the caps and penguins on back to back road games has always been a impossible task for this team

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pretty stupid question after such a game...I'm aware of it...but does anybody else feel like Palat didn't deflect the Sergachev shot? Looked to me as if it went in straight. Just a feeling though. Tough to see. Do you think there's a chance it might get changed back to Sergachev? I usually wouldn't care but it would help my fantasy team quite a lot :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As one of the biggest Lightning fans anyone will ever know I have prepared a eulogy since it seems appropriate at this rate

Last night we laid to rest the 2017-2018 Lightning season. It was a celebration of our 25th anniversary but unfortunately we played so poorly against Pittsburgh that the season did not even surpass 25 games. We pity that it could not have lasted longer and because Jon Cooper sucks as a head coach we will never know what glories we could have had this year. Fire everyone, draft Dahlin and pray we can ever win another game. May we never win another game again while beating the life out of a team and may we always refer to them as our "old habits" because our previous years were always predicated on out-chancing our opponents at nearly 2:1 during certain points only to be done in by poor officiating.

Goodbye sweet season. How you were so good to us for a few weeks

Reactions: Hoek

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This slump started after the 1st period of the LA game. We've managed to win inside the slump but make no mistake, that was the game the team kind of exhaled and other teams started to figure out how to control our speed. A lot of uncalled interference and picks has hurt our forecheck, trapping forwards inside the zone and giving the opposing team odd man rushes. Unfortunately the Lightning are going to have to adjust, you can see them trying to do this with pass backs and carry ins but that's a difficult adjustment to make when you've got speed built for a heavy forecheck.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
As one of the biggest Lightning fans anyone will ever know I have prepared a eulogy since it seems appropriate at this rate

Last night we laid to rest the 2017-2018 Lightning season. It was a celebration of our 25th anniversary but unfortunately we played so poorly against Pittsburgh that the season did not even surpass 25 games. We pity that it could not have lasted longer and because Jon Cooper sucks as a head coach we will never know what glories we could have had this year. Fire everyone, draft Dahlin and pray we can ever win another game. May we never win another game again while beating the life out of a team and may we always refer to them as our "old habits" because our previous years were always predicated on out-chancing our opponents at nearly 2:1 during certain points only to be done in by poor officiating.

Goodbye sweet season. How you were so good to us for a few weeks

You have to be the worst poster on this forum. We either agree with blind homerism or you post hyperbolic walls of text that no one wants to read. It's a hockey forum and we are allowed to have different views of this team. Some of us see flaws here that shouldn't be hand waved away because of our record. We made that mistake in the past and it hurt us. If you don't like to see differing opinions then get off the internet.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why not just give teams the refs they prefer? Jesus.
The Penguins would have a very long list of refs they prefer and who are favorable to them. Very long. Huge. Huge list. They wouldn't even take part in that activity, as it would be deemed pointless, on the grounds that all of the refs favor the penguins. I'm not even joking.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
You have to be the worst poster on this forum. We either agree with blind homerism or you post hyperbolic walls of text that no one wants to read. It's a hockey forum and we are allowed to have different views of this team. Some of us see flaws here that shouldn't be hand waved away because of our record. We made that mistake in the past and it hurt us. If you don't like to see differing opinions then get off the internet.

I thought that was satire. At least I hope it is

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
The Penguins would have a very long list of refs they prefer and who are favorable to them. Very long. Huge. Huge list. They wouldn't even take part in that activity, as it would be deemed pointless, on the grounds that all of the refs favor the penguins. I'm not even joking.
Probably prefer the ones with small hands.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Honestly I'm not surprised that the old Bolts have reappeared. It was only a matter of time since it's basically the same roster and the same coaches as when they sucked. But I'm happy we have a point buffer now so we can play like garbage for a bit and not fall completely out of a playoff spot. And hopefully they'll get their shit back together soon.

Reactions: MattM92

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The way I think of it is that our team is not perfect but you know what none of the teams in the league are. Also the top teams in the league are really close in talent. Any given night between those teams. We have had the privilege of being in another class for the first month and some time but that’s not going to last 82 games. Injuries happen and your depth has to step up. It’s going to be an up and down season. For me, as long as we’re playing well at the end of the season and into the playoffs I’m good.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Honestly I'm not surprised that the old Bolts have reappeared. It was only a matter of time since it's basically the same roster and the same coaches as when they sucked. But I'm happy we have a point buffer now so we can play like garbage for a bit and not fall completely out of a playoff spot. And hopefully they'll get their **** back together soon.

That's the way I'm feeling. It's not the end of the world because we do have a nice point buffer, but it won't last long if we don't turn our play around soon. This has been a trend for 4-5 games now, not just this road trip. We would have lost to Chicago if not for Vasi standing on his head. We got smoked by the Isles at home. Not looked good in two straight road games.

The scoring chances and shots are there, but our shooting numbers are dropping back down to the norm. We aren't playing well defensively. Teams are starting to send 2 guys deep on the forecheck more consistently and we really struggle with it. Stamkos and Kucherov have gone ice cold and suddenly we can't score. There are things that need to be fixed with this team and pointing that out doesn't make me any less a fan than any of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad