GDT: 11/12/17 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Anaheim

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
California needs to get their shit together.

Their ice sucks, literally every single team. It's drastically worse than ours.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
24 of those 27 SOG have been scoring chances, that's two kinds of impressive.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The top-2 young goaltenders in the league, I've never faulted anyone for picking Gibson over Vasi - he's proving why.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Gotta respect Gibson, he's here to say "No more goal tending woes in Anaheim...as long as I can stay healthy."

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Callahan went through an injury that end most player's careers.

He'll never be the same guy he was, but he can definitely still put up 30-40 points with relative ease --- once he gets back into it.

Late season / playoff time is when his true "worth" will shine.
So a) LOL I'll eat my hat if he puts up 30 points in a season again.

And as far as late season/playoff time "shining" - I find that ironic because he's never shown in his career before, but after the injury he's going to suddenly turn into a playoff performer?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

And as far as late season/playoff time "shining" - I find that ironic because he's never shown in his career before, but after the injury he's going to suddenly turn into a playoff performer?

Never said he would be putting up 30 points this year, did I?

I said he has the skill and ability to do so. He's not in that role right now, he's in a bottom 6 role which makes it pretty difficult to do much other than be a nuisance for the other team.

I still believe he'll do well late in the season, especially when he nets a few and gets some consistency going.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
So this is a dumb question, but it seems to have been goin on for a couple games. Is Kuch just double shifting some? Been seeing him out there with Johnson (?) a bit.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

"with ease"

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I said he has the skill and ability to do so. He's not in that role right now, he's in a bottom 6 role which makes it pretty difficult to do much other than be a nuisance for the other team.

I still believe he'll do well late in the season, especially when he nets a few and gets some consistency going.

Do you ever stop to think why he's in a bottom role? or why bottom role players are in that role?

because they can't hack a scoring role or they'd be there, you think they want to be paying Callahan 6m to be a 4th liner? The guy is being beat out a previous AHLer who makes 1/6th as much.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

In any season - he won't score 30. For all of his "bottom six role" (note that he has fewer points than any other "bottom six player" on the team), he doesn't deserve a bigger role. He has one point when someone is in net this season. That is not a guy that's going to score 30 points in the NHL.

Yeah - he blocks shots. Great thumbs up super job. He is worth maybe 1/6th of his contract right now.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
You know that and WE know that but maybe somewhere in the League there's some poor helpless GM that Yzerman will mind-trick/convince that Sustr is just the defenseman they need. ;)
Ooooh ok, I see where you're going with this and I like...Chiarelli fancies the one-for-ones, maybe we could gift him Sustr for Klefbom.

Edit: this would fall under the "Advanced Mind Trickery" category of the Wizard's Handbook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->