100 Point Season Scorers

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
After the recent years the NHL become really a low scoring league. In which DEFENSE totally dominated.

How will it develop further? less scoring? changes of rules, like goalie equipment???

Are there any guys out there who will become 100 point scorers??? in the future?

Nash, Ovechkin, Spezza, Staal, Gaborik, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Kessel, Frolik, Joensuu, Moeller, Brule, Crosby???

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Pretty sure Nash, Ovechkin, Heatley, Gaborik and Kovalchuk and Crosby could make it. Gabroik might not make 100 points in Minny since he's on such a defensive team.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
They've all got that upside, very few of them will ever break 100 pts. Crosby's the surest bet, and by a wide margin.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Leachmeister2000 said:
They've all got that upside, very few of them will ever break 100 pts. Crosby's the surest bet, and by a wide margin.

Crosby is the surest bet by a wide margin, over two guys who have broken the 80 point barrier, one of whom has finished 2nd in the NHL in scoring?

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Crosby has the upside to do it, but saying he is the surest bet is kind of dumb considering he hasnt played yet while Heatley had 95 points the last team he played a healthy season and Kovalchuk showing hes going to be scoring left and right. IMO Nash wont because he doesnt get enough assists. Gaborik as stated before is in a defense first system. Ovechkin and Crosby I can see doing it, but not right away.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
theo_60 said:
Crosby has the upside to do it, but saying he is the surest bet is kind of dumb considering he hasnt played yet while Heatley had 95 points the last team he played a healthy season and Kovalchuk showing hes going to be scoring left and right. IMO Nash wont because he doesnt get enough assists. Gaborik as stated before is in a defense first system. Ovechkin and Crosby I can see doing it, but not right away.

Just a slight correction: Heatley had 89 points. I agree with you about Nash; Gaborik is a possibility if he ever gets to open up.

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
Being able to play with Hossa, a player who is already averaging more than a point per game and only getting better should allow Spezza to break 100 pts if he gets to his full potential. If Bochenski makes it big he's a sniper, same with Mirnov so there's two good LW'ers. Havlat may also be able to play left side. Ottawa has lots of great finishers, a playmakers dream. Those potentially inflated stats could give us Sens homers good ammo for future debates. :D

Deleted member 3032

Freaky Habs Fan said:
A player like Kovalchuk will never reach 100 points in the NHL. He could have 50g for sure, he's a sniper. A playmaker can reach 100 points but not a sniper. That's how I see that...

You do realize that Kovalchuk had more assists than goals last year, right?

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
A player like Kovalchuk will never reach 100 points in the NHL. He could have 50g for sure, he's a sniper. A playmaker can reach 100 points but not a sniper. That's how I see that...

Considering he was 13 points off as a 20 year old, this comes off as a fairly ignorant statement to me.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Lehtonen32 said:
Considering he was 13 points off as a 20 year old, this comes off as a fairly ignorant statement to me.
agreed. barring injury or any major setbacks, kovalchuk and heatley will both break the 100 pt mark, considering they've already hit 87 and 89 pts respectively.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Lehtonen32 said:

Oh, my bad...I though he had like 75 points...

But whatever, I still think that most of the sniper who will put 40 goals per year will never have 100 points.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Freaky Habs Fan said:

But whatever, I still think that most of the sniper who will put 40 goals per year will never have 100 points.
You must be on something. It's been done many times in the past(including clutch and grab era of 1996-2004), and it will be done many times in the future. jagr, naslund, and sakic have done it within the last 5 years. between 1996 and 2004, lemieux, jagr, naslund, sakic, selanne all did it. kariya had 39 goals 101 pts in 1999. they are by no means once a generation players and were all playing in a horribly defensive period.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:

Bure... maybe not 40 goals but he broke 100 points easily.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
dont know how Zherdev didnt make the list. i think he has a better chance than Nash, though very slim. and if they ever end up on the same line, then i think both "could"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad