Speculation: 10 Trade Suggestions from The Score

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kaprizov being stuck in Russia until 2020 makes that one pretty unappealing as a Penguins fan. I like Kaprizov, but not enough to wait for him until 2020.
I like him too much to let him go along with zucker for kessel. Let’s go our separate ways. Sound good?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
No one is going to pay that much for ROR, esp with that cap hit. Those are our two most valuable prospects and a 1st on top. Not surprising that all the Buf fans take it and all the Blues fans say no.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Every Tanev thread is also filled with Canucks fans asking for Nylander, Marner or Liljegren + 1st.

Personally, as a Leafs fan, I've always been ok with giving up a 1st+ for Tanev.

Don't make stuff up. No sane Canucks fan as asked for Nylander or Marner in over a year and a half because we have taken into account Tanev's injury history and how much Nylander+Marner have improved. Liljegren+1st has been asked for though and is wishful thinking but I doubt Toronto even considers it.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Kane was a pending UFA; we either took what we could get or got nothing. ROR us under contract for 5 more years. If no one wants to pony up and pay what he's worth, we keep him.
Feels like you're focusing a lot on reason B) and not addressing reason A)...or the rest of the post you quoted.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sabres would have to retain to make the ROR deal a remote possibility and I would surely be in favor of doing so. ROR at 5.5 mil cap hut sounds about right to me for that return. Might even throw in some garbage middle round pick as a sign of good will :)

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Some interesting ideas here... Here's the 10 deals, but the actual post has the rationale listed for each deal as well.

Matchmaker: Projecting new homes for this summer's top 10 trade candidates

To Vegas - Erik Karlsson (extended), Bobby Ryan
To Ottawa - 2019 1st, Alex Tuch, Cody Glass, Nicolas Hague
I DONT SEE VEGAS GIVING UP GLASS,SO I CANT SEE THIS HAPPENING

To St. Louis - Ryan O'Reilly
To Buffalo - 2018 1st (Winnipeg's), Robert Thomas, Vince Dunn
THERE IS NO WAY ST LOUIS IS MOVING ROBERT THOMAS.

To Minnesota - Phil Kessel
To Pittsburgh - Jason Zucker, Kirill Kaprizov
THIS I CAN SEE HAPPENING WITH PICKS INVOLVED

To Florida - Max Pacioretty (extended)
To Montreal - 2018 1st, Nick Bjugstad
GOOD MOVE FOR MONTREAL

To Los Angeles - Jeff Skinner (extended)
To Carolina - 2018 1st, Alex Iafallo
I THINK CAROLINA COULD GET MORE

To Calgary - Mike Hoffman
To Ottawa - 2020 2nd, Sam Bennett, Rasmus Andersson
GREAT DEAL FOR CALGARY

To Chicago - Justin Faulk, Scott Darling
To Carolina - 2018 1st (Nashville's), Marian Hossa, Chad Krys
IM NOT SOLD ON THIS,,ID LOOK FOR MORE IN CAROLINA

To Toronto - Chris Tanev
To Vancouver - 2018 1st, Josh Leivo, Connor Carrick
WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP TRADING TANEV TO THE LEAFS???

To Arizona - Tyler Johnson
To Tampa Bay - 2019 2nd, Pierre-Olivier Josepha
Arizona wins this

To NY Islanders - Philipp Grubauer (RFA)
To Washington - 2018 1st (Calgary's)
Great deal for NYI

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Don't make stuff up. No sane Canucks fan as asked for Nylander or Marner in over a year and a half because we have taken into account Tanev's injury history and how much Nylander+Marner have improved. Liljegren+1st has been asked for though and is wishful thinking but I doubt Toronto even considers it.
I dont even know why we need to keep trying to trade Tanev to the Leafs personally.There are other teams we could move him to that could offer a better deal..So lets move on from the Leafs.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
What would Vancouver want in a Tanev trade? Specific needs etc.
Top prospects and picks. I’m literally every position we need something. From Toronto Liljegren and picks are the only assets that interest me.

Tanev for Liljegren straight up or Tanev for 1st+2nd+2nd would be great.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
CAL-OTT is close, might be slight overpayment from CAL. Maybe a 3rd instead or Kylington/Wotherspoon instead of Andersson.

Alternatively, could go T.J. Brodie + 2nd.
It's more than a slight overpayment. Would you give all that up for Jiri Hudler? Because that's what Hoffman is.

?

Hoffman scores more goals in a season then Bennett puts up points....Andersson hasn't done much of anything in the NHL...and a 2nd in 2 years is useless to a team like Ottawa
It seems you have zero concept of the word potential because Bennett still has it despite what you and your Oiler brethren like to spam on HF and Andersson is chalk full of potential. A 2nd is never useless to a team like Ottawa as they will be pinching their pennies as long as Melnyk runs the team. Also Hoffman might score some points, but he is a soft one dimensional winger, essentially a 2018 version of Jiri Hudler.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Big no from the Blues. Not giving up Thomas for ROR.

Agreed. Why would the Blues trade a prospect whose absolute ceiling is RoR for RoR :sarcasm:

Zadorov>Thomas

RoR is a legit top 20 center. He's easily the best center in St.Louis if he was acquired. But that's ok, I remember how guys like Smaltz , Rattie, Jaskin Among others were other "untouchable" elite prospects.

If St.Louis was offered RoR, a legit top 20 center in the league. A real 1C with elite two way play signed for 5 more years who will put up 60-65 points year in and year out is easily worth 2 prospects and a 1st. Impending UFA RoR returned Zadorov, Compher, Grigorenko and #31 for RoR and McGinn.

An extended RoR is easily worth the Blues trade package. People think 27 year old franchise centers are easily acquired and/or grow on trees.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
seems caps fans were right on grubauer value

If the Islanders don't want to pay 11th or 12th where else you getting a 1st rounder for Grubauer might I ask? You are not getting 1 (Buffalo) 2 (Carolina) or 6 (Detroit). After that maybe Detroit at 30th which is a huge drop off from 11/12.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Some of these trades look brutal and if I'm the Isles I can definitely beat that package for Hoffman. Don't know why anyone thinks that Winnipeg or Nashville's 1st round picks are valued at high first round picks. Sure it's a deep draft, but they aren't worth that much.

The Paccioretty trade is garbage too for MTL.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Some interesting ideas here... Here's the 10 deals, but the actual post has the rationale listed for each deal as well.

I agree that Vegas has to be careful to not give away their advantage. They still need to build up greater organizational depth and use the salary cap properly. Not sure they want to give up that much in year two.

The Sabres are clearly getting too much back in this deal with St. Louis. The first round pick is way over payment, without the Blues getting something back. Thomas seems to have a bright future and Dunn worked his way into their lineup using his speed and skating.

Carolina should get way more than what they are here. Skinner has been healthy that past several years but having one year left on the contract is harming his overall value.

I;m not sure Washington is getting enough for Grubauer who appears to be in demand. I'd think the caps wants a couple of good young prospects back and a draft pick. Just getting a first doesn't seem like the right move.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
2 years ago, Marner would have been fair value. Marner proved to be a stud and his value is high. I don't like the Leivo and Carrick pieces. But I would accept them.

tanev has never, ever had the value of a top 10 pick, let alone a freshly picked top 5 pick like Marner who has been stunning at every level.

Some canucks fans can be so obscenely delusional when it comes to Tanev and his value.

Leafs will not trade a top prospect (Especially not LilGrin, don't be ridiculous.) and in fact I doubt you find any team that would move a blue chip/ top prospect at any position for him.

I think you'll be lucky to get a conditional first, + a second and a reasonable prospect.

And it's Jim Benning, so you're guaranteed to give your own second rounder back just because that's what he enjoys doing.

But just to reiterate, tanev has never and will never have value anywhere equal to a prospect like Marner. EVER. Period.

Would you have moved Pettersson, prior to his crazy season for him? How about after?

Didnt think so.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014

To Minnesota - Phil Kessel
To Pittsburgh - Jason Zucker, Kirill Kaprizov

To Florida - Max Pacioretty (extended)
To Montreal - 2018 1st, Nick Bjugstad

To Calgary - Mike Hoffman
To Ottawa - 2020 2nd, Sam Bennett, Rasmus Andersson

To Chicago - Justin Faulk, Scott Darling
To Carolina - 2018 1st (Nashville's), Marian Hossa, Chad Krys

To Toronto - Chris Tanev
To Vancouver - 2018 1st, Josh Leivo, Connor Carrick

To Arizona - Tyler Johnson
To Tampa Bay - 2019 2nd, Pierre-Olivier Joseph

I guarantee you that the Blues wouldn't deal Thomas straight up for O'Reilly, much less add a young top four defender they are high on, AND a first.

If the Blues deal for RoR, salary is going back. You're looking at one of Berglund or Sobotka; plus one of Walman, Kostin or ThomPson; and a first.

If that's not enough to seal the deal, so be it.

Reactions: Colt55

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
CAL-OTT is close, might be slight overpayment from CAL. Maybe a 3rd instead or Kylington/Wotherspoon instead of Andersson.

Alternatively, could go T.J. Brodie + 2nd.

not an overpayment, if i'm trading a high quality forward like Hoffman and starting a youth movement, then i'm getting quality and most importantly youth back. Bennett and Andersson at least are coming back, perhaps a 3rd instead of a 2nd.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d probably do the Panthers proposal. Add a 3rd from MTL or something

Habs are not adding our low 3rd round pick (66). That is a very fair deal for the Panthers. If you want a pre-negotiated hand shake contract extension, The Panthers are the ones adding a 3rd. It would be very similar to the Lucic return from the Bruins to Kings and Patch>Lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad