10 Rookies Most Likely to Win the Calder

Who will win the Calder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reeps

Jul 27, 2017
I think we can all agree that this year's rookie race will be extremely fun to watch. The talent is so spread out and seemingly even I feel like it could go to anyone this year..So, I counted down my top 10, and I would like you to do the same.

What is your top 10!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Wouldn't rule out Jesper Bratt. But it will probably be Keller. Don't think Boeser has much of a chance, especially if he keeps getting scratched.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Patrick won't win.

You need to be getting top PP minutes and play on top lines. Then add in that Patrick missed all summer training due to surgery. As a reference, he had a similar one to Giroux and Ghost who laboured all year with their skating last year. This year they are flying again.

I vote Keller.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Keller. I think you need a combination of talent AND opportunity. Keller likely gets the most of the latter compared to the rest on the list.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Keller. I think you need a combination of talent AND opportunity. Keller likely gets the most of the latter compared to the rest on the list.

I agree. Keller is very good. And should be the favourite.

Bjork and DeBrusk - the other two kids in Boston could be dark horses. We'll see how they handle them as the season progresses, but they'll both be getting top 6 minutes with Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak - and might be on the second p.p. unit. Not much of a stretch to think one or both of them could put up some impressive numbers in that situation as they'll be out there with some very good line mates.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Wouldn't rule out Jesper Bratt. But it will probably be Keller. Don't think Boeser has much of a chance, especially if he keeps getting scratched.
Vancouver's had one game. But I'm concerned for Boeser, it looks like Green doesn't want to use him on the PP too much. In this case, Boeser doesn't stand a chance.
I think Bratt is gonna slow down. What a performance though. I'm gonna root for this guy.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Keller, McAvoy, and Boeser (if Green plays him) have the combination of skill and opportunity to be top Calder candidates. But this is less than a week into the NHL season so anything can change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad