Pepe
John Terry
Mayweather
McGregor
Dhoni
LeBron
Durant

Hon. mention to Brady but NFL isn't popular enough worldwide

As always, most 'hated' athletes are just really good and the hatred is irrational. Only a few guys (ie on my list Terry/Pepe/Mayweather) have legitimate reasons to be disliked imo.

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
I don't know how big Formula 1 is worldwide, but I'd add Lewis Hamilton (or this season's Seb Vettel)...feels like if you're not a fan of their team, or from the same country as one of them, they get universal hate, Hamilton more so, Vettel used to be pretty well liked, but I've seen a lot of ppl turn on him this season due to his antics

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Of all time (hockey mostly):

Claude Lemieux
Cindy Crosby
Lebron James
Patrick Roy
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Matt Cooke
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Any current Ohio State football player

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know how big Formula 1 is worldwide, but I'd add Lewis Hamilton (or this season's Seb Vettel)...feels like if you're not a fan of their team, or from the same country as one of them, they get universal hate, Hamilton more so, Vettel used to be pretty well liked, but I've seen a lot of ppl turn on him this season due to his antics

I feel like it's the opposite. Vettel was pretty widely known as a "crybaby" when he was with the Red Bull. I haven't seen him getting that much hate after joining Ferrari. They probably have the biggest fanbase of any team so that explains a lot. In Finland he has never been hated as much as elsewhere, which is probably because of his relations to Finland. He has been good friends with Kimi, his physios have been Finnish and he owns some sort of bungalow in Finland. On top of that he speaks some Finnish and has given some hilarious Finnish interviews.

I got a little off topic there but my point was that I think Vettel is getting nowhere near as much hate as he got in his dominant Red Bull years.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
In North American sports:

Bonds
LeBron
A-Rod
Clemens
Lance Armstrong
Bertuzzi
Mayweather
Rousey
Michael Vick