GDT: 10/6/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
With Point and Palat being on the 3rd line they could get some easier matchups, compared to the top 6, and have solid seasons.

Point and Palat were both fantastic tonight

Reactions: Maelmoor

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great to start with a win and against the Panthers who we have struggled recently! Now let us build on the positives from this game and sharpen the parts that were not as good!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Stralman 21:56
Girardi 20:16
Hedman 24:01
Coburn 19:45
Sustr 12:59
Sergachev 16:03

If there is a rotation with Dotchin and KK, it looks pretty clear who's switching out

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good win, a lot more positives than games from last year and we can still improve.

I think the big positive is we won this on the back of our secondary guys. Kuch and Stamkos contributed in spurts, but it was Point, Palat, Callahan, and even guys like Coburn and Girardi who really stepped up.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Good win. Now lets keep doing that the rest of the season.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Tuned in to Dallas - Vegas game and Bish still has the shutout. Damn, it's so weird seeing him in a different jersey. I still miss the big guy even if we have Vasy. When do we play our first game against Dallas?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tuned in to Dallas - Vegas game and Bish still has the shutout. Damn, it's so weird seeing him in a different jersey. I still miss the big guy even if we have Vasy. When do we play our first game against Dallas?

I changed the channel to that game and saw him flopping around and then star fishing and thought to myself, thats the Bish I know and love and miss.

..Then I thought he was injured and also wasn't surprised there.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Stralman 21:56
Girardi 20:16
Hedman 24:01
Coburn 19:45
Sustr 12:59
Sergachev 16:03

If there is a rotation with Dotchin and KK, it looks pretty clear who's switching out

Not a single player on that list has played a full 82 games the last two seasons. Koekkoek and Dotchin should get plenty of games in not just for Sustr.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
What a fun night! Place was rocking. Girardi did well. Cally was back in prime Cally form. Stammer was moving great and made a lovely old school Stamkos pass on his assist. Point and Palat were terrific and got 1st and 3rd stars respectively! Coburn was solid. Hedman had a couple dumb passes and his once a game wide shot but had a decent assist. The d pairs were switched around quite a bit which ended up giving 6 and 77 some quality time together. lol. Sergachev has a very good first game. A few rookie mistakes but that is only to be expected. Stralman was a quiet defensive beast all night. Always in the right place at the right time. Ended up with a shot that was blocked , a hit, a block and a fricking +4 which is probably why he got the 2nd star.

Not a bad way to start the season!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sergachev really stood out to me in a good way. Our special teams were good, too. But that wasn't a sustainable performance altogether. Happy for the win and the goals, but we need to be way better at possession 5 on 5.

For all the talk about how Johnson feels sooooooo much better because of his diet, pretty meh so far.

Also, friggin Sustr... Get Dotchin in already.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
We just got home a little bit ago. Great game. Great atmosphere.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
All three of our new guys were pleasant surprises in this game. Good to have new faces around especially when none of them sucked yet.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bishop got hurt and Vasilevskiy let in at least 3 goals. Seems about right.

Bishop took a puck to the mask last year and lost teeth, tonight he took another puck to the mask and cut his head... he should probably look into stronger, re-enfourced masks...

Reactions: Hoek

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Sergachev really stood out to me in a good way. Our special teams were good, too. But that wasn't a sustainable performance altogether. Happy for the win and the goals, but we need to be way better at possession 5 on 5.

For all the talk about how Johnson feels sooooooo much better because of his diet, pretty meh so far.

Also, friggin Sustr... Get Dotchin in already.

He did look like he had his blazing speed back. His line just had absolutely no chemistry together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad