GDT: 10/5/17 - Minnesota at Detroit - 6:30 PM CDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think it was only in the 5on3. Spurgeon was there otherwise.
But he also said Spurgeon didn't even get a second of PP time tonight... how could he be there otherwise, if he was never on the PP?

Also... even if it was just a 5 on 3... why the hell would COYLE be on the point?!

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I dont recall seeing Spurgeon out there. Ennis on the 1st unit once. Granlund on the point with Suter. Suter double shifting on the 5 on 3 is what I saw.

edit: Spurgeon had 2:04 on PP TOI, while Suter had close to 6

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
But he also said Spurgeon didn't even get a second of PP time tonight... how could he be there otherwise, if he was never on the PP?

Also... even if it was just a 5 on 3... why the hell would COYLE be on the point?!
Spurgeon had 2 minutes pp time so he definitely was there. Not sure about the other question.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought it was Nino on the point with Suter. But the Wild did run a 4 FWD+Suter PP mostly.

Spurgeon had 2 mins PP ToI paired with Dumba and Reilly.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

I think Russo was asking that same question.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
On the bright side Winnik/Cullen >>> Schroeder/Graovac on the 4th line.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Story of the game pretty much: Howard >>> Dubnyk.

Dubnyk let in a few that Howard on the other end stopped. Detroit wasn't really the better team, it was very evenly matched while the Wild certainly had the better scoring opportunities.

I still don't buy that Suter no-goal. Green steered Granlund into Howard, which led Granlund to lose his balance and bump Howard on the head with his elbow. It was all on Green and since it was initially called a goal on ice, I thought it was total bs how fast they ruled AGAINST it. Well time to move on, very rusty first game and nothing really to be worried about.

Last edited:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Tough one to swallow. Based on play they had no business dropping these two points.

On the positive the team looked good and cup deep. Looking forward to a great season.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Two "incidental contacts" with the goalie is always rough. Dubnyk's desperation glove save was a beauty too.

Pommer with two.
How'd the newcomers Foligno and Ennis look outside the assists?

I miss not being able to F5 to reload the page. Anyone know why the new boards seem to prevent that?
Not an issue in any of my browsers.

I just wish every time I refreshed the page it would go back to where I was, and not the top of the page forcing me to scroll down every time.
Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies (detailed how here) and then restart your browser. It could be something in your cache conflicting as the site's updated. I had the same issue just prior to puck drops tonight and that quickly resolved it for me. That may even resolve the next quirk that pops up for others too.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The way I look at the goalie interference is: if it happened to Dub (or any Wild goalie) would I think the goal should stand? In both cases I thought it should be waived off.
-Foligno was on top of the goalie for the first no-goal.
-Granny elbowed the goalie in the head on the second no-goal. If his elbow was against his body then I would say good goal and incidental contact created by the d-man.

Foligno/JEE/Stewie line looked like 3 guys who haven't played together before. They scored a goal, but didn't really stand out good or bad throughout the game.
Ennis/Cullen/Winnik line Ennis did a couple of nice things, but Winnik and Cullen stood out more than Ennis did.

I think the 2 no-goals threw the Wild off their game. They stopped playing in the dirty areas around the goal.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
How'd the newcomers Foligno and Ennis look outside the assists?
I actually quite liked Foligno's game. Thought he made some nice plays in our end to keep possession. Him and Ek were not quite on the same page a couple times but as they play together I'd expect that to improve.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Tough one to lose but it's only game 1. Pretty bad goals by Dubnyk in the 3rd, I'm sick of the 5-hole goals that seem to consistently fool him. I thought our 3rd line was the best line of the night. Ek and Foligno were very physical on the forecheck and they are going to wear teams down over the season. Would really like to see Granlund, Reilly, and Dumba on one powerplay together.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
This seems like it wasn't an ideal season opener. Meh. On to the next one! This is the year we'll take the division crown.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
What’s with the all empty seats? Embarrassing...
I actually wondered the very same.

I was told that many of the people after the start of the game were checking out the arena, and the different clubs/restaurants all around the concourse. They apparently show the game on the giant screen that envelopes the entire upper bowl, so I doubt many missed too much. But that's always been the story over the years, even at the Joe, a lot of the lower bowl seats are bought by companies & corporations, so they are not always in a hurry to get to their seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->