Pre-Game Talk: 10/13/17 Rangers @ Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Felt like there should be a pre-game thread for this game, seeing as it's tomorrow.

I'm not feeling great about this game. Neither team will be doing a morning skate, apparently.

Knowing how our games against CBus usually are, we're going to beat each other to death. And then Panarin and Atkinson will make quick work of what remains.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Felt like there should be a pre-game thread for this game, seeing as it's tomorrow.

I'm not feeling great about this game. Neither team will be doing a morning skate, apparently.

Knowing how our games against CBus usually are, we're going to beat each other to death. And then Panarin and Atkinson will make quick work of what remains.
WHAT?!?! If for no other reason than to see what crazy stuff AV concocts with lines and D pairs!!! WOOT

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Dont even feel like watching if Smith and ADA are not in the lineup. I cannot watch another game of Kampfer and Holden out there, especially as a pair of cones. They are a joke.

AV is setting himself on the fast track to be terminated.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Dont even feel like watching if Smith and ADA are not in the lineup. I cannot watch another game of Kampfer and Holden out there, especially as a pair of cones. They are a joke.

AV is setting himself on the fast track to be terminated.
Smith is reportedly back in.

McDonagh-Holden
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Shattenkirk

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
4-1 loss. Team can't get anything going and can't beat many goalies right now. Unless they shape up this is a big fat L against a young and hungry team after last year.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Hope that they'll "pull themselves together" and get some team synergy going... our system is currently (mostly) not working, with a lot of "headless chickens", people out of position, caught flat footed, seemingly lacking the needed energy ("slow backchecking"), etc etc..

We are still in the "getting the team to gel" phase i guess... :)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
2-3 would make me a whole lot happier than 1-4. Would much rather be one game below .500 than 3 games below. It may be early, but this is a big game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
2-3 would make me a whole lot happier than 1-4. Would much rather be one game below .500 than 3 games below. It may be early, but this is a big game.

I am not worried. We started 3-7 when we made the final in 2014. We always start off slow (Aside from 2015-16)

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Smith is reportedly back in.

McDonagh-Holden
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Shattenkirk

Losing points to divisional rivals isn't something this team can afford. FFS AV stop f***ing around. Or can he be ordered to make McDonagh look bad for his next contract? If we have serious ambition, #22 & #27 needs time together.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Is it Lundqvist or Pavelec?

Somehow, even with AV and his messed up lines and Holden on the 1st pair and ADA not playing again and the shaky goaltending, I think we'll win this one. This team rarely does anything right, so when they are expected to lose, with a lousy lineup, they'll most likely win handily.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Wouldn't you consider 2013-14 the exception, rather than the rule?

2014-15: 5-4-1 and we made the ECF
2011-12: 4-3-3 and we made the ECF

A good start is nice, but the way people are already giving up 4 games in, is just insane

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Is it Lundqvist or Pavelec?

Somehow, even with AV and his messed up lines and Holden on the 1st pair and ADA not playing again and the shaky goaltending, I think we'll win this one. This team rarely does anything right, so when they are expected to lose, with a lousy lineup, they'll most likely win handily.

Hank is starting tonight. Whether he finishes the game or not is left to be determined. If he plays a full game I would think Pavelec gets the Devils tomorrow. Back to back and all.

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
rest in peace anthony deangelo

i would seriously accept losing more if AV were gone.

AV = play anyone who's a vet over anyone who's young and talented.

he inserted cracknell immediately. because. vet.

go away AV

Ndurpressure

Sep 1, 2016
It boggles my mind that this team would be in win mode, yet trade an important piece (Stepan) and have nothing to show for it in the lineup. What kind of strategy is that? Its almost as dumb as trading hamonic for draft picks to flip and NOT flipping them (almost used lightly). And this is coming from someone who REALLY wanted to trade Stepan because i thought it would make us better.

Put D'angelo in the lineup. There's nothing to gain from showcasing holden. He's not a norris in waiting. At D'Angelo's best he's so far more valuable to this lineup than Holden. I know AV didn't coach the Ottawa series but it seems as if he didn't watch it either.

Reactions: Nickmo82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad