OT: 10,000 Pt XLI - Formerly Duke Phillips' House of Chicken & Waffles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
TWC had caller from Napa/CalFire on this morning. Looking really bad.

Fire is no longer a "season", but all year round. :(
I have everything packed, ready to go at a moments notice. If you are familiar with Santa Rosa Fountaingrove is on fire. There is also another fire near Sonoma mountain road that may be moving towards my parents' house.

It's real bad. Was just a perfect storm last night. 50mph warm winds.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Weird question: how do they announce evacuations? Phone call to the house?

Stay safe dude.
Not sure, usually I get alerts but I didn't get any alert today. Just smelled smoke at 3AM, so I shut the windows. Woke up and walked by gf out of the house to see outside and the entire sky looked like it was on fire. So we ran back and got all our belongings packed.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
The southern Evac area border is about one mile north of me in Santa Rosa. 0% contained so I don't think I'm out of the woods yet and may eventually have to leave.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
The southern Evac area border is about one mile north of me in Santa Rosa. 0% contained so I don't think I'm out of the woods yet and may eventually have to leave.
I'm very close to you. Near Howarth Park. Not sure what to do tonight. Worried I will sleep through it.

Btw, how are you getting emergency updates? I want to make sure that if I fall asleep tonight that I get woken up.

Last edited:

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I'm very close to you. Near Howarth Park. Not sure what to do tonight. Worried I will sleep through it.

Btw, how are you getting emergency updates? I want to make sure that if I fall asleep tonight that I get woken up.

I texted my zip code to 888777 and it sends me text updates when anything gets issued so if the evac area changes I’d get a text.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Looks good.

My sister and brother-in-law had to evacuate from North Tustin, Orange county. Staying with my brother and sister-in-law in Newport Beach. My aunt and uncle also had to evacuate from the area as well. Hoping fire contained and mopped up soon.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I just spent the day helping my Dad evac... Fire is under a mile away. I can see the flames from my apartment. Cops came by and told us we had 30 minutes, his house is probbly gone tonight. Watching the fire move closer to his house and me everything I own is in my car sans furniture. Hope I don't have to drive away.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just spent the day helping my Dad evac... Fire is under a mile away. I can see the flames from my apartment. Cops came by and told us we had 30 minutes, his house is probbly gone tonight. Watching the fire move closer to his house and me everything I own is in my car sans furniture. Hope I don't have to drive away.

Good luck. Stay safe, everyone.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa

Are you near the Shadow Creek Apartments area?

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Spoke to a cal fire marshall. He said that if winds stay the same as last night that Annadel heights area could get back into their homes as early as tomorrow. Great news.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Bad week for me. Just got Divinity Original Sin 2 and was playing it when my computer died.... Think it's the power supply, which isn't bad UNLESS it took other parts with it. Won't be able to afford a gpu if that is fried as well.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well, the game I've been working on for a year and a half got shut down along with our development studio. Today is not the best of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->