#1 in 2007? Who will it be? Other 07 talk.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
The 06-07 class of the Rimouski Oceanic will be pretty interesting to watch :

Max Gratchev
Maxime Tanguay
Marc-André Laroche
David Skokan
Olivier Fortier
Philippe Garnier

are all eligible to draft in 07. My guess is that 4 out of the 6 will be picked, maybe more if Rimouski have a good season.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
IMO its Couture, Esposito, Voracek, Backlund, and Petrecki as my top five right now.

Couture is just a great all around top line forward, he can skate, he can shoot, he plays great both ways, and he's solid as a HORSE.

Esposito is a high caliber high octane center who while is really skinny has shown some tenacity and even fought.

Voracek to me is a better Czech version of Peter Mueller.

Now Backlund is a guy that has just as much talent as Backstrom and I wouldn't be surprised if its May and we're talking about him as a first overall pick.

I like Petrecki's build, demeanor, and skillset. I think his rookie season in the USHL as far as not putting up points is being overblown. He has a good shot, great speed, and a good breakout pass.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
June 6, 2006 ISS has Couture as #1 overall NA + Europe. They have Petrecki as the #1 d-man at 6 overall NA + European.
It will be fun to watch as the draft season starts in Europe with the U-18 tourney in August.

The Giants have Machacek, Repik, and Blum in the top 50 in NA + Europe.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Backlund and Voracek IMO will be the top 2 picks come next year, Backlund is the best talent sweden produced since Forsberg, he IMO will be way better than Backstrom. Backlund is tough, hits, has amazing offensive skills and is playing two way hockey.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
dont be surprised if james van reimsdyk from the ntdp goes as high as top 5. i think he'll be a top 10 pick with top 5 potential. i would love to see him get a look for this years wjc team too as an underager.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
IMO its Couture, Esposito, Voracek, Backlund, and Petrecki as my top five right now.

Couture is just a great all around top line forward, he can skate, he can shoot, he plays great both ways, and he's solid as a HORSE.

Esposito is a high caliber high octane center who while is really skinny has shown some tenacity and even fought.

Voracek to me is a better Czech version of Peter Mueller.

Now Backlund is a guy that has just as much talent as Backstrom and I wouldn't be surprised if its May and we're talking about him as a first overall pick.

I like Petrecki's build, demeanor, and skillset. I think his rookie season in the USHL as far as not putting up points is being overblown. He has a good shot, great speed, and a good breakout pass.

Don't forget about Sutter and I am sure Hickey will be one of the top D-men selected next year. I also like Drayson Bowman and Brett Sonne, but maybe not as Top 5 selections.

Mr_Jones*

Can someone help me out here? Who's supposed to be the #1 pick in the 2009 draft? The name escapes me right now. He was given special permission to play in one of the CHL leagues at age 15 or something like that. Any help?

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Can someone help me out here? Who's supposed to be the #1 pick in the 2009 draft? The name escapes me right now. He was given special permission to play in one of the CHL leagues at age 15 or something like that. Any help?

John Tavares.

starsman93*

Anyone know where Teddy Ruth is ranked in this upcoming year's draft class. 3rd round pick, 4th round pick?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Backlund and Voracek IMO will be the top 2 picks come next year, Backlund is the best talent sweden produced since Forsberg, he IMO will be way better than Backstrom. Backlund is tough, hits, has amazing offensive skills and is playing two way hockey.

backlund hasn't proven much yet. he has the potential but he needs a good season this year to be considered top three. right now he is not #1.

1. angelo esposito
2. logan couture
3. nick petrecki
4. mikael backlund
5. jacub voracek
6. brandon sutter
7. colton gillies
8. ruslan bashkirov
9. justin leclerc ( if he has a good season)
10. zach hamill

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I agree on Van Riemsdyk and Machacek. If they show some progress, a confirmation of what they showed last year, both can be 1st round picks. I really liked Machacek in the Memorial Cup and he'll be the offensive leader next year with Brule's graduation.

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

Has anyone heard of Nick Garaci? New Jersey Rockets Elite. 60 points.

Led all NJ in High School scoring 56 goals as a sophmore. 5 11 170 pounds. Quick as lightning. Not sure if he is even ranked but I would take a shot on him in late Rounds next year.

The Devils picked a kid named Tony Romano in the 7th Round that plays in the same JR Elite league as Garaci.

P.S. Bobby Sungunetti ( 21 st overall pick NY Rangers)played there as well before transfering to Owen Sound. I know that NJ is no hot bed for hockey but we did develop Bobby Ryan.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Has anyone heard of Nick Garaci? New Jersey Rockets Elite. 60 points.

Led all NJ in High School scoring 56 goals as a sophmore. 5 11 170 pounds. Quick as lightning. Not sure if he is even ranked but I would take a shot on him in late Rounds next year.

The Devils picked a kid named Tony Romano in the 7th Round that plays in the same JR Elite league as Garaci.

P.S. Bobby Sungunetti ( 21 st overall pick NY Rangers)played there as well before transfering to Owen Sound. I know that NJ is no hot bed for hockey but we did develop Bobby Ryan.

ive seen geraci play many times, id say hes a long shot to get drafted. hes a real good player, but romano had over 100 points in the ajhl last year, and is much more dynamic offensively. the rockets produce some great players, but i feel if they leaned them more towards junior a over prep school, theyd go much farther.

nj is producing more and more high end players, especially in the 89-92 birth years. look out for kyle palmieri from the devils midget minor. hes one of the best 91s in the usa, a strong candidate for the ntdp.

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

ive seen geraci play many times, id say hes a long shot to get drafted. hes a real good player, but romano had over 100 points in the ajhl last year, and is much more dynamic offensively. the rockets produce some great players, but i feel if they leaned them more towards junior a over prep school, theyd go much farther.

nj is producing more and more high end players, especially in the 89-92 birth years. look out for kyle palmieri from the devils midget minor. hes one of the best 91s in the usa, a strong candidate for the ntdp.

I will definetly check out Palmieri. Thanx for the feed back. i wasn't sure about Geraci.

The only thing in Geraci's defense is he has this year to match Romano's stats. Last year he was on the 2nd line and this year he is the undeniable # 1 on the Rockets. At any rate I am rooting for the kid. I know him a bit and he works his but off. 6 , 7 days a week all year around. he is only going to get better.

Thanx again for the feed back:

p.s.I am assistant coach for Mite A hockey for the Rockets. We are going to a the Valley Forge Tournament by King of Prussia this weekend. My kid is 7 but already 82 pounds. if he develops at the rate he has - he will rock. Brian Reznikov ( we also paractice with aleksie Kasatanov & Sergei Starikov at the Rock Ice)- write it down. You never know - we just played the Colonials and he just took out John Maddens kid. # 11

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Tavares & Kuchin = Me looking forward to '09. To stay on topic here though, I do have to say that Esposito and Couture are the frontrunners right now, but everyone knows very well that it may and will likely change by time the draft rules around. Petrecki, with a good season has a shot to go 2 behind 1 of Couture or Espo at this point. Just my opinion

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The 06-07 class of the Rimouski Oceanic will be pretty interesting to watch :

Max Gratchev
Maxime Tanguay
Marc-André Laroche
David Skokan
Olivier Fortier
Philippe Garnier

are all eligible to draft in 07. My guess is that 4 out of the 6 will be picked, maybe more if Rimouski have a good season.

Yeah they have a solid group. Their 3 lates arent that great though. Graetchev, Tanguay and Skokan...ill be shocked if they go in round 1 where all 3 were projected to go a couple years ago, but hey its still early.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I will definetly check out Palmieri. Thanx for the feed back. i wasn't sure about Geraci.

The only thing in Geraci's defense is he has this year to match Romano's stats. Last year he was on the 2nd line and this year he is the undeniable # 1 on the Rockets. At any rate I am rooting for the kid. I know him a bit and he works his but off. 6 , 7 days a week all year around. he is only going to get better.

Thanx again for the feed back:

p.s.I am assistant coach for Mite A hockey for the Rockets. We are going to a the Valley Forge Tournament by King of Prussia this weekend. My kid is 7 but already 82 pounds. if he develops at the rate he has - he will rock. Brian Reznikov ( we also paractice with aleksie Kasatanov & Sergei Starikov at the Rock Ice)- write it down. You never know - we just played the Colonials and he just took out John Maddens kid. # 11
Putting pressure on your kid at the age of 7?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Putting pressure on your kid at the age of 7?

yea i wouldnt go overboard, it means nothing, if hes still nasty by 1st year of midgets then id start getting excited. its very rare the best bantams are top junior players let alone mites. my brother was on one of the best mite and squirt teams in the district, and by his last year of midgets (last season) he was the only one playing aaa, and 2 others played jr b. all the rest either quit, or were playing at lower level midgets/high school.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Right now, my top five includes(like many elses) Esposito, Couture, Voracek, Backlund and Petrecki, with Espo being 1st on that list, and Van Riemsdyk, O'Brien and Sutter as possible top 5 candidates. The top 20 will be very strong in next years draft, many high-end guys from the CHL, the US and Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad