#1 for 2008 NHL draft

HABSMANIA21*

Who do you think Will be chosen 1# for the 2008 NHL draft. im going to say steven stamkos. Tavares possibly if they let him in it but i dont think so.

IVE BEEN SCOUTING PATRICK MIELKE WHO IS TURNING HEADS IN GERMANY AND HIS WAY WITH THE PUCK AS HE FLOATS THROUGH HIS ENEMIES. FOR HAVING A 6 FOOT 6 FRAME HAS A VERY SMOOTHE SKATING STYLE EVEN THO HES ONLY HITTING THE SCALE AT 180 LBS. RECENTLY HE LED THE GSL IN SCORING WHILE BEING A DEFENCEMAN. KIND OF LIKE ZEDENO CHARA BUT MUCH BETTER AT BEING A A OFFENSIVE PLAYER.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I'm thinking Doughty goes 1st. Stamkos will most likely go 2nd, but Beach has a chance to surpass both. I'd be a bit surprised if that didn't end up as the top 3.....but of course anything can happen in the next year.

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
I know most if not all clubs draft BPA in the first round, but I'm thinking that at this point whoever has the first pick will draft Stamkos if they need a forward, or Doughty if they could use a stud blueliner.

IMO it's a wash between the two. This upcoming season will likely clear things up.

(Or we'll have a new consensus number one come from nowhere)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
right now, drew doughty. but someone is going to come from nowhere and challenge him and stamkos. thats for sure.

Believe in Blue

Jul 4, 2007
Everyones thinking Stamkos, but I watch this guy all the time and If someone were to tell me he was rated 1st overall for the 2008 NHL draft and I didnt know, I wouldent believe it. He's good no question but he needs to be more physical, and keep his head up. I think If a team needs to bulk up more on D they will take Doughty 1st but Stammer could be the #1 pick.

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
He played very well on a really weak Rimouski team. He's not more overrated than Doyle :sarcasm:

All you hear about with the '90 born players in the Q is "Cormier".

I just don't see what the attraction is. That's MY opinion.

Yes, Patrice was on a rough team last season, and had little help. But so were Caron and Cornet...who had just as good and even a better year then Patrice did.....Caron did anyhow.

This is a huge year for Patrice.......and as of NOW, he's behind Doyle to start the season.IMO

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Gotta love the old "guy here who knows a lot" comeback as opposed to a list compiled by a team of professional scouts.

well its Garl. you have probably seen him around. he knows he's stuff about russian players. and he's not the only one i have seen say that.

one more thing. i dont really think the ISS or any other scouting agency has scouted filatov or petrov much. they have probably focused on the 07 draft. so i think the reason filatov is so high, is because he was so good at the U-18 tournament.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
well its Garl. you have probably seen him around. he knows he's stuff about russian players. and he's not the only one i have seen say that.

one more thing. i dont really think the ISS or any other scouting agency has scouted filatov or petrov much. they have probably focused on the 07 draft. so i think the reason filatov is so high, is because he was so good at the U-18 tournament.

I'm sure plenty of people have Petrov higher on their list than Filatov. I'm sure some folks at ISS probably have Petrov higher than Filatov. But the good thing about the rankings of a scouting service like ISS is that they take into account the rankings of several scouts to make their lists, thereby eliminating any individual biases and whatnot to form their master list.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
The real question is: who will suck next year, drop to the mid-1st round, and be hailed as a steal?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
How would that be a "drop" for him? He's not projected in the first round right now, let alone the top 10.

You sure you're not thinking of Maxime Sauve and not Yann? Yann is most definitely a first rounder at this point... certainly really close to top 10 if not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad