'06 Entry Draft

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
rt said:
Which prospects have the highest "floor"? Toews? Little?

I'd say Erik Johnson. I think he is going to be a half of the top pairing - as guaranteed as it gets (whether defensive oriented or two-way or scoring machine remains to be seen).

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
I think based on the skills that these prospects possess we can say Johnson, or Toews etc...but utlimately its where they get drafted to, that could have the most to do with their upside or ceiling not floor. For example after Johnson, who is the consensus 1st overall, the next 5 players could all be centers. In my opinion whoever Washington drafts, with the intention of centering Ovechkin really raises that players ceiling in the league. Look at Colby Armstrong in Pittsburgh. He has been in the Pens system for years, and coincidentally, he sticks in the NHL when he is put alongside Crosby.

At this time we don't know for sure who will end where, so if I am forming a list of the prospects who could develop into great NHLers, I say...

Backstrom
Johnson
Little
Brassard
Toews
Kessel
Staal
Tlusty
Sheppard
Okposo

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Johnson. Too agile and gifted allready to fail. Top three d man if he out right fails. Ahead of the curve for big d men.

Staal. Has the size and if he has any kind of work ethic he can learn from a great player allready. Also ahead of the curve for his age. Worst case a great third liner or solid second guy.

Toews. Great vision and intellegence. Will make others around him better. Again great third guy or soild 2nd guy.

Okposo. Who could not use a bull on skates. If nothing else he will be the most mentioned 4th liner in the NHL.

Backstrom. Do not know much about him. But the only thing i hear holding him back or might is how he translates to north american hockey.

Those four seem to have the top floors. In no real order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->