'05 Q Class Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
I dunno, anyone with a shot that good can play 1st or 2nd line. Just give them a good playmaker. Hull seems to do well. I still don't like Vincent.....just erks me.

But Zharkov lagged behind the play on th 4th line and he would stay on the outside. He shouldnt even be dressed let alone play 1st line.

HABracadabra

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
La-La, Can you give any info on Halifax Luciano Lomanno? For a time, i believed he would become a very good D in the Q and then, we never know.

But what's happening with the guy?

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I have been reading this thread and was wondering when you guys talk about depth of the 05 draft being better than the 03 draft was. Is that just the Q's depth? Or the overall depth of the 05 draft being better? I know the Q has some studs coming down the pipe but what about finland, sweden, russia, whl, ohl etc?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Eb0la11 said:
I have been reading this thread and was wondering when you guys talk about depth of the 05 draft being better than the 03 draft was. Is that just the Q's depth? Or the overall depth of the 05 draft being better? I know the Q has some studs coming down the pipe but what about finland, sweden, russia, whl, ohl etc?

Overall the entire draft could end up being better then the '03. It's looking very good for the Q, but the OHL and WHL also look strong. The Q really look strong, after coming off a poor draft year this past summer. Finland looks like they will have a huge draft of talent. Can't say too much about Russia, as they seem to have many good ones but I haven't seen most of them yet. Sweden aside from Bergfors I don't know how the draft will shape up for them.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
pei fan said:
What about Marek Zagrapan.Isn't he 2005 eligible.He seems to be making a pretty
big splash early for Chicoutimi and some posters here say he's got some crazy moves and I think he's got some size as well.

This guy has been one of my favourites for awhile. Yeah- he has holes in his game- he's not strong along the wall, he's dreadful at faceoffs and he ocassionally gets lost when backchecking. But as for eye-popping moves and eyes-on-the-back-of-his-head passes this guy is second only to Sidney C.

Last year at the U-18s he was the catalyst for Roman Tomanek's sudden rise in the draft rankings. Every ten minutes it was like Slovakia: Tomanek (Zagrapan).

Best Slovak prospect since Gaborik to be sure.

PK*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Zharkov is playing on the 4th line with Ouellet (Favorite Eagle) and Richards. We have a moron for a coach who I wish was fired. If they had something decent on the right side and were given some ice time they would be a scary combo in the future.
How is Dean Ouellet doing ? I'm good friends with his brother but since I moved away, I haven't heard much of Dean. Is the transition from midget to junior alright ?

Thanks.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HABracadabra said:
La-La, Can you give any info on Halifax Luciano Lomanno? For a time, i believed he would become a very good D in the Q and then, we never know.

But what's happening with the guy?

I thought he was going to be great too. His skating caught up to him. He is a pretty bad skater, If he was a great skater, with his hockey skills and hockey sense he could have been a great offensive defensmen.

The Mooseheads are probably a little disappointed in him, they picked him 3rd round in a really deep draft. He was a Healthy scratch in the first 3 games, but he played well on Saturday.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PK said:
How is Dean Ouellet doing ? I'm good friends with his brother but since I moved away, I haven't heard much of Dean. Is the transition from midget to junior alright ?

Thanks.
He has been playing excellent. He is great with the puck and isnt scared to go after it. He seems to be a Scott Gomez type of a player and I can't wait to see how he develops in CB in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->