Cam Barker
Robbie Schremp
Evgeni Malkin
Evan McGrath
Adam Pineault
Chris Versteeg
Devan Dubnyk
Petr Pohl

Those players i believe will all go in the top 10, top 15 at worst.

Other possible 1st rounders are John Lammers, Mike Card, Mike Green, Marc Fistric, Drew Stafford, Jakub Lindel, Marek Schwarz, Alvaro Montoya, Kevin Mailhoit. I hope that helps you.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
BIGROCKET said:
Rostislev Olesz
Wojtek Wolski
Cam Barker
Robbie Schremp
Evgeni Malkin
Evan McGrath
Adam Pineault
Chris Versteeg
Devan Dubnyk
Petr Pohl

QUOTE]

Except if there is 11 top 10. You're believing wrong as you list 10 players + Ovechkin to go in top10. ;)

Seriously, you lists the early front runners pretty well. Thanks

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
vipergtsr404 said:
whats the scoop on a few of these guys obviously this draft is not as impressive as 03's crop but how many are serious picks ??

The top end may be similar to last year but the depth from picks 10 thru 30 is not as strong. BUT we still have to see who raises their level of play this season.

New names pushing for top 10-15 status would include Alexandre Picard of Lewiston and Brian Bickell of Ottawa, both 17 yr olds on a goal-a-game so far and looking strong in all aspects of their game, not just lucky feeding-off-famous-linemates starts.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
BIGROCKET said:
Rostislev Olesz
Wojtek Wolski
Cam Barker
Robbie Schremp
Evgeni Malkin
Evan McGrath
Adam Pineault
Chris Versteeg
Devan Dubnyk
Petr Pohl

Other possible 1st rounders are John Lammers, Mike Card, Mike Green, Marc Fistric, Drew Stafford, Jakub Lindel, Marek Schwarz, Alvaro Montoya, Kevin Mailhoit. I hope that helps you.

Wouldn't Lauri Tukonen be included in at least the bottom list? At least from something I read..:dunno:

X-SHARKIE

The player I just fell in love with last year and still am is Adam Pineault F 6-3/200 Holyoke He's a very underated player who should be top 10 for sure!

Theres going to be three very good goalies in the first round.

Obviosly Devan Dubnyk. More lesser known ones are Marek Schwarz,Corey Schneider.

My steal in the draft so far would be Dmitri Shitikov. I just love the kid but he's very small. Only 5-8ish so that well probally take him down to the 2nd round.

2004 has alot ...I mean alot of big kids in the draft, all 1st round potential. Like we said this draft wont be as talented as the 2003 class but it's definitly a good draft.

Lauri Tukonen F 6-2/195 Hyvinkaa is somthing. He's a speed demond. He's gonna be a good player I think. I wouldnt mind him being a Shark lets say :) He's going to go before the teams who made the playoffs pick , Believe me.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
The player I just fell in love with last year and still am is Adam Pineault F 6-3/200 Holyoke He's a very underated player who should be top 10 for sure!

Theres going to be three very good goalies in the first round.

Obviosly Devan Dubnyk. More lesser known ones are Marek Schwarz,Corey Schneider.

My steal in the draft so far would be Dmitri Shitikov. I just love the kid but he's very small. Only 5-8ish so that well probally take him down to the 2nd round.

2004 has alot ...I mean alot of big kids in the draft, all 1st round potential. Like we said this draft wont be as talented as the 2003 class but it's definitly a good draft.

Lauri Tukonen F 6-2/195 Hyvinkaa is somthing. He's a speed demond. He's gonna be a good player I think. I wouldnt mind him being a Shark lets say :) He's going to go before the teams who made the playoffs pick , Believe me.

I agree with you on Shitikov he is small but alwyas seems to be in a good position to score goals.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jakub Sindel go in the top 10. He's quite fast and has all the tools to become a great NHL sniper.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
steblick said:
The top end may be similar to last year but the depth from picks 10 thru 30 is not as strong. BUT we still have to see who raises their level of play this season.

New names pushing for top 10-15 status would include Alexandre Picard of Lewiston and Brian Bickell of Ottawa, both 17 yr olds on a goal-a-game so far and looking strong in all aspects of their game, not just lucky feeding-off-famous-linemates starts.

Back the bus up, if Picard goes in the top 15 i will **** myself.

He is good, but not top end talent good. Plus he is 18 not 17.

catcher

Oct 4, 2003
Visit site
There are also about six draft eligible goalies in the OHL who are looking quite good. Regarding Schneider, has he played against top competition or has he just been playing prep hockey in New England. I know there are some top players in that league, but not as many as in juniors. Also, their schedule is very short.

Diesel

Jan 27, 2003
NJ
Visit site
steblick said:

Unless there are two Alexandre Picard's, he was drafted last year by the Flyers in the 3rd round. :dunno:

Dr_Chimera*

The Czechs could have four of their own go in the top 10. Olesz, Schwarz, Sindel and Smid all have the stuff.

BIGROCKET said:
Rostislev Olesz
Wojtek Wolski
Cam Barker
Robbie Schremp
Evgeni Malkin
Evan McGrath
Adam Pineault
Chris Versteeg
Devan Dubnyk
Petr Pohl

What's the opion, if any, on Robbie Schremp's damage that he did to himself by demanding a trade from Mississauga?

X-SHARKIE

Stupid Move by Schremp. Expeacially on his draft year. This well definitly make the scouts who are on the bubble with him look twice. He comes off Selfish, and imature on this one. The team was 3-0 and had a one time NHL coach. He's got a ego it seems. He's still gonna be the top player in the CHL to get drafted I think.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Kubina_Fan said:
What's the opion, if any, on Robbie Schremp's damage that he did to himself by demanding a trade from Mississauga?

Yeah, personally I think it won't affect him too much, but you have to figure he won't be getting the same ice-time in London. I'm starting to wonder what the problem is in Missisauga though. Spezza, Jarret, O'Sullivan, Schremp all wanted out at one point. I really don't have much respect for these players that want out for what seems to be that they don't want to play for a loosing team. Missisauga could have Schremp and Jarret in the line-up right now and probably be the team to beat in the OHL. Go Figure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad