GDT: 02/04/17 - Wild @ Canucks - 9PM CT / 5AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Tuch looks like he belongs... but still looks like a rookie too. Needs to make some adjustments yet, but he's going to be a player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't notice Scandella/Dumba hardly at all tonight. I wasn't even sure they played for the most part. I'd call that a successful game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumba was noticeable offensively... makes sense since he had two assists...

I really didn't notice him offensively either. The first assist his drive to the net made the play happen.

His second assist, he just chipped it up to Granny in the dzone for the shorty. Scandella was the one that joined the rush with Granny and Koivu. I didn't even know Dumba got the assist on it until later.

0 shots for Dumba. A few cycles and a could of zone holds was about all I remember seeing. Uneventful might be a better word for his game?

Reilly I noticed much more during the game both good and bad.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandals had a good game. Very exciting for me. Looked like he did two years ago when some argued that he was our second best Dman. Solid D, but jumped into the rush effectively.

Dumba, as per usual, had some excellent moments and some not so excellent. Overall, it was positive. Got caught on a bad pinch on a rush...think it ended up as a goal? Excellent rush showing great strength and vision resulted in a goal. He is not the biggest guy, but he is pretty strong. Had a nice mid ice bodycheck where he sat a guy down, but then failed to make a good play with the puck afterwards. Not completely his fault...there was a sort of schmozzle of Badly spaced Wild players around him.

Reilly similar to Dumba. Scored a goal, which is great, but got caught up way deep on one goal, and floated a terrible cross ice pass that was intercepted in our own zone resulting in a scoring chance.

Both of those guys seem to have trouble making the simple plays( which are not easy) in our own zone, knowing when to pinch, and getting caught up in the Ozone. Just look at Spurgeon's play for guidance on the latter. He is almost perfect when it comes to knowing how and when to jump into the play.

Last edited:

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Scandals had a good game. Very exciting for me. Looked like he did two years ago when some argued that he was our second best Dman. Solid D, but jumped into the rush effectively.

Dumba, as per usual, had some excellent moments and some not so excellent. Overall, it was positive. Got caught on a bad pinch on a rush...think it ended up as a goal? Excellent rush showing great strength and vision resulted in a goal. He is not the biggest guy, but he is pretty strong.

Reilly similar to Dumba. Scored a goal, which is great, but got caught up way deep on one goal, and floated a terrible cross ice pass that was intercepted in our own zone resulting in a scoring chance.

Both of those guys seem to have trouble making the simple plays( which are not easy) in our own zone, knowing when to pinch, and getting caught up in the Ozone. Just look at Spurgeon's play for guidance on the latter. He is almost perfect when it comes to knowing how and when to jump into the play.

wow, you just really don't know like Dumba

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
wow, you just really don't know like Dumba

Actually, if you go back to my early posts on Dumba I was one of the few who said positive things about him, when he was being criticized by the majority here. Still see the obvious strengths, and love his personality, but refuse to put up with Dmen who can't play sound D. Why accept mediocrity?

The sky is the limit for Dumba if he can progress to playing a sound defensive game. As I've said many time, he reminds me a lot of Wild scout and HOF Dman Guy Lapointe. He has everything Lapointe had offensively, and has just as much or more physical talent...all he needs to do is work on his judgement/ mental game...maybe a bit on his small area skating.

Stevens, Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin are excellent examples for him to follow to improve his defensive game. Hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Liking has nothing to do with it. I think he has a great personality away from the rink. Full of life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad