🏒🏒🏒 ⏲ ⏲ ⏲ 😎Auston Matthews - Countdown to 69 goals 😎⏲ ⏲ ⏲🏒🏒🏒 [Success]

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I love how as he gets closer and closer to 70 the rest of the hockey world is doing brain gymnastics to try and demean the accomplishment:

"He doesn't pick up enough assists"
"Kucherov has almost 50 more points"
"100 assists in a season is way harder to achieve than 70 goals in a season"
"He always plays with elite setup men that give him tap ins"

LMAO, cry harder

1624686978011.gif

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"He always plays with elite setup men that give him tap ins"

Yep. Next time just show them his goal last night as exhibit A.

We're probably spoiled in Toronto seeing his ridiculous release on a regular basis, to the point we may not truly appreciate it, but it's truly something to see.

Just watch the clip and break it down to truly see how amazing it is: Sets up on the faceoff dot, get's the sweet feed from Marner and instantly pivots, no look, snap, top shelf all in a heartbeat.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
When he got 60 again I was over moon. Then looking at OV and Stamkos records I hoped he could just beat those as I thought 70 was probably out of reach. But here we are at 69 with 2 games to go. So now I’m thinking 72 would put him in the top 10 all time bumping Kurri out.

IMG_3306.gif

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The quest for seventy has been interesting.

But other than a nice round number what's the big deal. If you ask me sixty nine is just as cool. If anything it's an even sexier number.

It's the exact same players he's competing against anyway.

Once you look at it that way does it really matter if he hits seventy. It doesn't break any records he hasn't broken already. Marner got benched last year before he had the chance to hit a hundred points.

Guess we'll soon find out if Matthews has more privilege.

That's the problem when you play favourites. Eventually one of the entitled little rich kids get their noses out of joint. Last time they put Matthews first Marner's dad had a hissy fit and it cost them large once it came time to negotiate a new contract.

Wonder how much it will cost them this time.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Great year, remarkable accomplishment, but as always, they come up just a little bit short

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
Alright folks, the best time of the season has once again come to an end. What a great season it has been for us (by the way, nobody cares about the postseason), with over 60 freaking goals, man! We had some great hat-tricks against teams like the Ducks, Flyers, Flames, and Sabres. Fortunately for them, they didn't make it to the useless postseason, though. I'm really looking forward to next autumn when the new season starts again, and we can score beautiful goals once more. I hope we can kick off the season with a banger like Leafs vs. Coyotes.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Scores more goals than anyone ever during his lifetime… he must already be feeling what greatness is like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad