full

giphy.gif

Let's goooo !

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
dont care about the game.
AM34 1 goal closer !!!

Nice feeling that Sammy and the team settled down.

It's the final countdown.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The hunt for 70 was getting a little bit painful to watch vs Detroit. Kind of threw everything off rhythm with everyone funneling the puck to Matthews with heavy coverage from Seider and that prick Chiarot. Hopefully he can get it out of the way next game and move on.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I thought he was going to finish with 67 goals this year, which would have also coincided with the last year the Leafs won the Cup 1967.

This would have been a nice reminded that the real season starts when the playoffs do and while its fun to follow regular season exploits and heroics, those totals get reset to Zero when the playoffs begin and now Goals really matter.

That said I hope he does get to 70 as a personal best mark for him and Leafs All-time. When GM Lou Lam orchestrated that perfect tank and went up to the stage with the #1 pick, it felt like a turning point in Leafs history and this might be the next great Leaf that leads the Leafs to another Stanley Cup.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The hunt for 70 was getting a little bit painful to watch vs Detroit. Kind of threw everything off rhythm with everyone funneling the puck to Matthews with heavy coverage from Seider and that prick Chiarot. Hopefully he can get it out of the way next game and move on.

Aside from a couple instances I really didn’t think they were forcing it to Matthews much at all

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Aside from a couple instances I really didn’t think they were forcing it to Matthews much at all
Keefe came out and said in the presser that the force feeding made them worse as a team and he wants the record for the fans but he was glad that game was over. Might be something to it.

But I can't blame his teammates they would look bad if they didn't feed Matty.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Keefe came out and said in the presser that the force feeding made them worse as a team and he wants the record for the fans but he was glad that game was over. Might be something to it.

But I can't blame his teammates they would look bad if they didn't feed Matty.

Have to wonder how Keefe tricked an NHL team into making him their head coach sometimes based on the dumbass and tone deaf assessments and comments he makes at times.

Blaming the 70 goal chase is certainly one way to deflect from poor coaching.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Have to wonder how Keefe tricked an NHL team into making him their head coach sometimes based on the dumbass and tone deaf assessments and comments he makes at times
Yeah the offense has been rolling and the sole bright spot on the team. He was better off giving a no comment on the situation instead of whining about it. He seemed kind of flustered answering the question.

I wish they would ask him about why he continues to force feed us Brodie. They're better off throwing a ScareCrow on skates out there at this point because Brodie is not preventing shit.

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah the offense has been rolling and the sole bright spot on the team. He was better off giving a no comment on the situation instead of whining about it. He seemed kind of flustered answering the question.

I wish they would ask him about why he continues to force feed us Brodie. They're better off throwing a ScareCrow on skates out there at this point because Brodie is not preventing shit.

It’s all deflection from poor coaching. I’ve generally defended Keefe but this year and somewhat last it’s been getting harder and harder to do.

Matthews is the best goalscorer in the league, so do players sometimes look off opportunities for themselves to get him the puck on his line, yes, and they should. Domi to me looked exactly the same as he always does last night, he’s a heavily pass first player. Bertuzzi didn’t get many shots last night, but I actually thought that was more on him bobbling the puck than anything else.

The powerplay he had some good chances, and his goal in the game, but it was hardly being forced to him outside of maybe 1 I remember. If anything I thought his powerplay linemates passed up passing it to Matthews in great spots a few times for pretty low percentage attempts for goals themselves.

Matthews ends the game a -2 but wasn’t really at all indicative of his night.
Maybe samsonov shouldn’t let in that disgustingly bad Perron goal and at least one of the 3 others he allowed in the first.

Maybe the coaching should fix the penalty kill that has been a problem all year. I do not at all believe it to be a personnel issue.

Maybe taking Connor dewar out of the lineup when our PK has been markedly better with him than without was a really bad decision

Maybe Brodie should just not play at this point, ever. Outside of a brief stint he played on the left with Timmy, he’s been abysmal all year.

Then there’s also some bad luck/situations we had to deal with. Losing both McMann and McCabe didn’t help, particularly the latter. The refs not calling an obvious major in the first may have changed the entire complexion of the game. Then with 10 seconds left taking only Domi and not calling the dive is ridiculous.

Hell, wanna go even further back, maybe don’t change our entire defensive system we play from last year when we were one of the best teams in the league in goals against. Just an idea

Last edited:
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I would be surprised if he plays 81 and/or 82... Florida is going to try to injure our squad, and if Matthews goes down in game 81 or 82, we are out in 4 games in the first round lol.

Reactions: OddyOh

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I would be surprised if he plays 81 and/or 82... Florida is going to try to injure our squad, and if Matthews goes down in game 81 or 82, we are out in 4 games in the first round lol.

Keefe made it sound like they're going to give him a shot to reach 70.

Simple solution is to just dress Reaves and instruct him to bark on command. If someone touches Matty he mauls them.

Look they're going to go after our stars in the series might as well get use to it.

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Keefe made it sound like they're going to give him a shot to reach 70.

Simple solution is to just dress Reaves and instruct him to bark on command. If someone touches Matty he mauls them.

Look they're going to go after our stars in the series might as well get use to it.

To me it’s easy.

Sit him against Florida. Play him against Tampa. I don’t think Tampa has any upside to run around and start shit with us right before the playoffs start. They probably just want to play it out like us.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Maurice is game planning right now behind closed doors.

"Ok you Cousins run around like a clown near their goalie and distract them. Bennett when the Clown show is going on skate by and give Matthews an elbow to head. Make sure you suplex him to the ice for added effect. Can't risk a fair series"

Reactions: OddyOh and Sypher04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad