OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

DocEmrick

Aug 8, 2016
CT
cool to see this album still being pressed today. Was tempted to buy a copy I saw at Newbury Comics but they mark vinyl up so high. Catch 22/Streetlight is so good

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
What happened with all this. I keep seeing people post meme's and such about it but I don't really pay attention to most of that stuff. Only curious because its Eminem and I actually like his music.

Supposedly Drake has been talking smack about Slim Shady and Slim is prepping a diss track towards. Unfortunately its all rumors at this point, but if they were true Drake is a moron. I'm guessing he never heard "Say What You Say", "Nail In The Coffin", "Cani*****", etc etc

*Bob Richards*

Hell, Drake's beef with Meek Mill was pretty lame lol.

I'm not much of a fan of Em's later work but he's still Eminem. He can eviscerate people.

PawelW007

Oct 26, 2010
Anyone go to a show at the Playstation Theater off Broadway. Cool venue? Seeing the Menzingers and Bayside there next Friday. First show I am going to in awhile.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Anyone go to a show at the Playstation Theater off Broadway. Cool venue? Seeing the Menzingers and Bayside there next Friday. First show I am going to in awhile.

As far as the larger venues in the city go, it's not bad. Sound quality is hit or miss - but that's better than I can say for Terminal 5. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see a show at the PS Theater over Terminal 5 any day.

PawelW007

Oct 26, 2010
As far as the larger venues in the city go, it's not bad. Sound quality is hit or miss - but that's better than I can say for Terminal 5. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see a show at the PS Theater over Terminal 5 any day.

hmmm... thanks.:yo:

Jan 8, 2012
NY

I've never been to Terminal 5 but probably gonna see a concert there soon. What don't you like about it?

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I've never been to Terminal 5 but probably gonna see a concert there soon. What don't you like about it?

The layout is awful. Get there as early as possible and stake out a good spot on one of the balconies. They actually have decent drink specials. But huge pain in the ass getting out of the venue and routinely oversold.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I've had one mediocre and one horrific experience at the PS Theatre.

Layout especially RE beer is terrible.

Sound quality is really bad in spots too.

If it's the venue for your band it's the venue.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
The layout is awful. Get there as early as possible and stake out a good spot on one of the balconies. They actually have decent drink specials. But huge pain in the ass getting out of the venue and routinely oversold.

Yeah, this. The oversold part is a big issue especially if you're going to a sold out show there. I've also seen two performers walk off stage there due to sound issues. The balcony advice is good advice - plenty of places on the floor where the sightlines and sound are both very poor.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Anyone have input or experience with concerts at Irving Plaza in NYC? Will be seeing Queensryche there in December.

Sooth

Jun 27, 2006
Finland
www.last.fm
I got some weird looks from my study friends some while ago, when my playlist went from

Lamp eye
[collapse=video1][/collapse]

to Bloodbath.
[collapse=video2][/collapse]

In addition, I'm loving the new Erik Blood album. So, so good.
[collapse=video3][/collapse]

I also loaned all the Brian Jonestown Massacre albums from my local library some while ago. Excellent stuff.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I can't believe this was released in 1970. Sounds like it could have been released yesterday.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I got some weird looks from my study friends some while ago, when my playlist went from

Lamp eye

to Bloodbath.
[collapse=video2][/collapse]

In addition, I'm loving the new Erik Blood album. So, so good.
[collapse=video3][/collapse]

I also loaned all the Brian Jonestown Massacre albums from my local library some while ago. Excellent stuff.
BJM, my fav. band

It is time!

[collapse=05432][/collapse]

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trivium's The Sin and the Sentence is some next level, totally unfair, Erik Karlsson bullshit.

One of the best albums I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->