OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Just saw Maiden at MSG last week. Those guys remain in a league of their own.

Dude, that's awesome :yo:

I was in NYC at the Microsoft building for a discussion and when I was walking around afterwards I noticed so many Maiden shirts. I wanted to go but the tickets were so expensive.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
HUGE metal fan, so I'll be posting these types of songs a lot. Been learning how to sing (taking lessons) and this is one of the songs I've been practicing.

[collapse=edit][/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Dude, that's awesome :yo:

I was in NYC at the Microsoft building for a discussion and when I was walking around afterwards I noticed so many Maiden shirts. I wanted to ho but the tickets were so expensive.

Yea i couldn't believe the drastic jump in pricing compared to years past. I've seen them about 10 times and never paid over 90 bucks. Idk if it was Bruce's bout with cancer, the new double disc album or what, but pricing was worse than NYR playoff games.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
RIP, Merle Haggard...if anyone is interested in what real country music is supposed to sound like, Merle's a fine place to start.

Reactions: LokiDog

Sooth

Jun 27, 2006
Finland
www.last.fm
Used to be a huge metalhead (Rammstein, Ministry and Gojira are maybe my biggest loves), but since that genre has been super boring for the past few years, I've turned some of my attention to elsewhere.

Psychedelic rock-bands like Pond, Tame Impala and the Black Angels have been invading my playlists for awhile now. Also, I've always been a huge fan of strong female vocalists such as Paloma Faith, Anneke von Giersbergen, Lykke Li and Björk. And how I could not mention these awesome folk-rock bands like the War on Drugs, Kurt Vile and Father John Misty!

Yeah, I'm not too picky. I love good music, be it country, indie pop, folk, hip hop or HC-rock.

Ministry - N.W.O.
[collapse=Ministry - N.W.O.][/collapse]
Tame Impala - Apocalypse Dreams
[collapse=Tame Impala - Apocalypse Dreams][/collapse]
The War on Drugs - an Ocean in Between the Waves
[collapse=The War on Drugs - an Ocean in Between the Waves][/collapse]

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Used to be a huge metalhead (Rammstein, Ministry and Gojira are maybe my biggest loves), but since that genre has been super boring for the past few years, I've turned some of my attention to elsewhere.

Psychedelic rock-bands like Pond, Tame Impala and the Black Angels have been invading my playlists for awhile now. Also, I've always been a huge fan of strong female vocalists such as Paloma Faith, Anneke von Giersbergen, Lykke Li and Björk. And how I could not mention these awesome folk-rock bands like the War on Drugs, Kurt Vile and Father John Misty!

Yeah, I'm not too picky. I love good music, be it country, indie pop, folk, hip hop or HC-rock.

Ministry - N.W.O.
[collapse=Ministry - N.W.O.][/collapse]
Tame Impala - Apocalypse Dreams
[collapse=Tame Impala - Apocalypse Dreams][/collapse]
The War on Drugs - an Ocean in Between the Waves
[collapse=The War on Drugs - an Ocean in Between the Waves][/collapse]
My gf is going to kill me for how much I listen to Tame Impala. Just finished Innerspeaker for the dillionth time this afternoon. :laugh:

The Black Angels have been a favorite of mine for years. If you're into neo-psychadelia, The Brian Jonestown Massacre are a prominent figure of the genre. They're still making good albums but the best stuff is between 1996-2003.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I've been on a real Tangerine Dream kick as of late. Great music to drive to, as well as when sitting down and doing work at the computer. I was luckily able to see them in NYC recently before Froese passed away, and it was pretty intense. Thankfully, my dad and I were one of the lucky ones to get to the very limited seating area.

[collapse=song1][/collapse]

That, and going through some of the newer Steve Hackett stuff. Don't mind Wolflight, but it wasn't the best of his newer stuff.

[collapse=song2][/collapse]

I've also been getting back into a King Crimson groove, but I haven't settled on a single album to listen through yet. Been jumping around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
My gf is going to kill me for how much I listen to Tame Impala. Just finished Innerspeaker for the dillionth time this afternoon. :laugh:

The Black Angels have been a favorite of mine for years.

Let it Happen has been listened to by me way too much. Saw them in Radio City a few months ago. They were awesome. I've also been listening to more Of Montreal than I think is healthy.

Anyone going to Gov Ball? Got my tickets for the first two days.

Sooth

Jun 27, 2006
Finland
www.last.fm

The Black Angels have been a favorite of mine for years. If you're into neo-psychadelia, The Brian Jonestown Massacre are a prominent figure of the genre. They're still making good albums but the best stuff is between 1996-2003.

I feel you :laugh:

Yeah, TBJM is familiar one too. Who Killed Sgt. Pepper? was my go-to record at work a couple of years ago. Never got time to listen to the older stuff though.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Let it Happen has been listened to by me way too much. Saw them in Radio City a few months ago. They were awesome. I've also been listening to more Of Montreal than I think is healthy.

Anyone going to Gov Ball? Got my tickets for the first two days.
Nice. They always play Elephant at Rangers games. :)

I feel you :laugh:

Yeah, TBJM is familiar one too. Who Killed Sgt. Pepper? was my go-to record at work a couple of years ago. Never got time to listen to the older stuff though.
[collapse=542][/collapse]

They released 3 albums in 1996 and they're all ****ing awesome.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Anyone who has Spotify, check out my playlist "Ambient Collective - Songs for travelling the Universe"

That's pretty much the majority of what I listen to, and it's easier than linking 100000 uTubs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of music, I went to a conference yesterday where one of the panelists is some big wig at Spotify. Probably 35 at most (I guess it makes sense for Tech). Wharton grad. But yeah must be nice.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Oh another chance to talk about all my late 70's and early 80's punk rock vinyl. Pistols and Clash, Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag, Bad Brains and Bad Religion, Crass, Minor Threat and Stiff Little Fingers--the UK Subs and the Ruts etc. etc. etc. etc. Really like Celtic punk too.

*Bob Richards*

Oh another chance to talk about all my late 70's and early 80's punk rock vinyl. Pistols and Clash, Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag, Bad Brains and Bad Religion, Crass, Minor Threat and Stiff Little Fingers--the UK Subs and the Ruts etc. etc. etc. etc. Really like Celtic punk too.

Please do. :)

I really dig the Sex Pistols. They're the kind of aggressive snarl that I love in some genre's of music.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
See this is why I like these discussions because we all argue so much about hockey but would probably be best friends in real life. :laugh:

I have the live Stiff Little Fingers albums Hanx! on vinyl, but no record player anymore. Flawless live album. :cheers:

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I guess it's time I hang around here more often. So here's my contribution:

[Collapse=Courtney Barnett-Dead Fox][/Collapse]

It's one of the favorite songs shared by my girlfriend and me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->