“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What a f***ing moron. Same lines? How the f*** did that turn out last game bum.
it's what happens when you cope yourself into thinking losses are just bad luck and that you played a good game

hard no on changing PP personnel when it's bombing, refusal to change up the lineup at all, this rigidity top to bottom in the org is so foolish

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
it's what happens when you cope yourself into thinking losses are just bad luck and that you played a good game

hard no on changing PP personnel when it's bombing, refusal to change up the lineup at all, this rigidity top to bottom in the org is so foolish
1-3-1, and 8-9-11 - this is written into the LAK constitution and is based on numerology. Hiller cannot deviate from it or be hung for treason. Below is the flag that hangs within the inner sanctum of LAK offices in El Segundo

1714506771791.png

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I gripe about not having Thomas, Turcotte, or Clarke in the lineup but I doubt those minor roster moves would even make that much of a difference. It still wouldn't change the fact that PLD is an AHL player, or Moore has vanished and Gavrikov forgot how to D. It would have to take McD completely disappearing for them to have a chance and even then I'm not so sure they could win.

Exactly.

Some of the stuff people talk about

"Put this 4th liner in"
"Call this guy up from the AHL"
"Play this guy with this guy"
"Get tougher"
"Replace the coach"

None of these things are going to change the fact that the Kings don't have any difference making players in the lineup, and have two fringe NHL goaltenders as their options vs a team with multiple Hall-of-Fame players in their primes.

All these insignificant changes people talk about making are just the proverbial "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

The way this team was going to return to true contention was to try and draft as many great players as possible between 2017 and 2024, instead Bowlby drove the entire thing off the cliff, he traded the best player he drafted for an older winger, he made the PLD trade because he couldn't draft and develop any centers. The Kings should have ended up with Top 1-10 picks every season from 2019-2023 or 2024 and those would have been your building pieces. Instead you have 3 of those Top 10 picks, with one of them looking like a bust/disappointment (depending on your definition of a bust)

And goodluck to the next guy, you want to talk about a largely empty cupboard of young assets. When DL took over he had

Kopitar (19)
Quick (20)
Brown (22)
Cammalleri (24)
Frolov (24)
Gleason (23)

Compare that to the u-25 talent right now, it's not even close.

All the people who complained about not wanting to do a rebuild for a couple of years longer and wanted cut corners to try and contend, get ready, cleaning up this mess is going to take a lot longer than the 3 years Blake needed to keep this going to have the pieces. You will be able to recoup some of the draft capital lost, but guys like Kempe and Moore aren't getting you a guy like Faber or Top 1-10 picks like Blake passed up on to return to the black hole with this heavily flawed roster.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I gripe about not having Thomas, Turcotte, or Clarke in the lineup but I doubt those minor roster moves would even make that much of a difference. It still wouldn't change the fact that PLD is an AHL player, or Moore has vanished and Gavrikov forgot how to D. It would have to take McD completely disappearing for them to have a chance and even then I'm not so sure they could win.
They’d still be losing the series but at least they’d be losing with young guys who might actually get better and still be on the team long term instead of a bunch of UFA aged placeholders. Pretty much the only thing that stops this series from being a complete waste of 10 days is the fact that Byfield, Spence, and Laferriere are getting their playoff reps and looking decent to good doing it.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
hey guys try and be happy. If you think this year is bad we start next year with a $4.5 million dollar cap hit for bonuses and payouts, no goalies, a star 21 year old that needs to get paid, and a year of extra wear tacked on Anze and Drew. We are missing half our draft picks, Helene thinks Luc is staying, and PLD's playoff performance or lack of it has cemented the fact that no teams will take him.

Well at least we have a high end prospect cupboard......wait we traded all them as well.

We need snipers you say? Well we are not gonna use Fagemo because he only scores and doesn't Trevor Lewis. We alienated Kaliyev and Arvy is in a walk year.

Yep.......good times ahead. Blake has not only painted himself in a corner, he got paint on his shoes and is stuck to the floor.

Sorry.........long day at work with a bunch of Oiler fans and no ammo to even try and fight back.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
hey guys try and be happy. If you think this year is bad we start next year with a $4.5 million dollar cap hit for bonuses and payouts, no goalies, a star 21 year old that needs to get paid, and a year of extra wear tacked on Anze and Drew. We are missing half our draft picks, Helene thinks Luc is staying, and PLD's playoff performance or lack of it has cemented the fact that no teams will take him.

Well at least we have a high end prospect cupboard......wait we traded all them as well.

We need snipers you say? Well we are not gonna use Fagemo because he only scores and doesn't Trevor Lewis. We alienated Kaliyev and Arvy is in a walk year.

Yep.......good times ahead. Blake has not only painted himself in a corner, he got paint on his shoes and is stuck to the floor.

Sorry.........long day at work with a bunch of Oiler fans and no ammo to even try and fight back.
Fire Robitaille! ...but Helene says he is a cockroach, so maybe not.

Luc is not exactly Phi Beta Kappa. I can't believe Beckerman is trusting him to turn this around.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Just mix it all up. How about this?

Dubois – Kopitar – Grundstrom
Fiala – Danault – Kempe
Moore – Byfield – Arvidsson
Lewis – Lizotte – Laferriere

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it's not really a slew foot but it's also not the first time lizotte's done that, even for a small guy he goes in extra low and that makes shit like that happen. ask gabe

that using the boards as a lever play was a matt greene/robyn regehr special and zadorov did it to kotkaniemi and wasn't punished, so the league has no problem with it

only way you're getting a slew foot called is out in open ice with a blatant kick through and pull back

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It’s fine to root for depth guys when they play above their level during a deep run. Pat Conacher is a saint as a stocky little guy who grinded over three rounds on a team of hall of famers.

Colin Fraser was a a guy who cost nothing that scored a goal in a cup clinching game and bled for this team. Neither of those guys are remotely as productive as Arvidsson and Lizotte. But neither are known as divers or slew footers, more like winners.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They’d still be losing the series but at least they’d be losing with young guys who might actually get better and still be on the team long term instead of a bunch of UFA aged placeholders. Pretty much the only thing that stops this series from being a complete waste of 10 days is the fact that Byfield, Spence, and Laferriere are getting their playoff reps and looking decent to good doing it.

And we'll be right back here next year, if we even make the playoffs

They'll be like "thomas turcotte clarke et. al. are 25 years old and despite being a playoff team for a half a decade these guys have no experience" gee i wonder f***ing WHY

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
it's not really a slew foot but it's also not the first time lizotte's done that, even for a small guy he goes in extra low and that makes shit like that happen. ask gabe

that using the boards as a lever play was a matt greene/robyn regehr special and zadorov did it to kotkaniemi and wasn't punished, so the league has no problem with it

only way you're getting a slew foot called is out in open ice with a blatant kick through and pull back
its slewfoot-like. He got away with it, because he pulled on Kane's hip and not his shoulder.. i dont like that shit. I hate any slew foot style plays even on Kane.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Drew :laugh:

You do it every time Kaner

I mean I was literally taught to check like that to pin a guy. Sure you don't want to do it at full speed but shoulder in front and hip behind and that guy isn't going anywhere. The only problem is if you're moving with the player, when you straighten your body up and your leg comes sweeping thru it's gonna look bad, like that. But that's why they'll never call it, it's a shoulder check.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
its slewfoot-like. He got away with it, because he pulled on Kane's hip and not his shoulder.. i dont like that shit. I hate any slew foot style plays even on Kane.
i don't disagree, it's a pretty weaselly check imo, it's just the reality of NHL officiating

zadorov-kotkaniemi was really egregious imo and they didn't care one bit

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You never know. Would you have bet Knies and Woll would save Toronto's season with Matthews out?

I mean whatever, let them go down with the ship doing the same dumb shit that's never worked, fine with me, but sometimes a seemingly minor change can have a big impact. King and Nolan come to mind...

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Wonder how the boys woke up this morning knowing they are gonna get kicked in the dick tonight and get to reflect on it all offseason. The hammer is coming down and changes are gonna be made.

Poor PLD waking up knowing he is about to get his dream contract canceled for dimes on the dollar!

Personally it feels like I just sat down in the John and am about to take a huge shit!

• Haha

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You never know. Would you have bet Knies and Woll would save Toronto's season with Matthews out?

I mean whatever, let them go down with the ship doing the same dumb shit that's never worked, fine with me, but sometimes a seemingly minor change can have a big impact. King and Nolan come to mind...

YEah, I think they DO mak ethat much of a difference, Thomas' energy and character was a spark, the production was a double bonus. Imagine sitting that guy to play....oh. No one? Weird.

f***ing flush the whole thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad