Friedman: “Stealth team for Noah Hanifin: Vancouver”

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'd rather take Dobson at 7th then give up the pick and Tanev for Hanafin. Not sure why he's on market but if it's to bolster right side then how about Hanafin for Tanev, 2018 2nd and Markstrom?

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
That would be a tough pill to swallow considering Demko is our starter in the next year or so. Would consider DiPietro though.
Demko should pretty much be in the untouchable department with Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson IMO. Markstrom and Nilsson aren't starters in this league. Canucks would be crazy to part with him, especially in a package deal with the 7th overall pick. Trading him would just create a new big hole in the organization. Would rather pick any of the defensemen at 7.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Vancouver is guaranteed 1 of the big 4 d-man in this draft with their position.

Unless some crazy scenario where zadina falls, and boqvist, bouchard, dobson, and hughes are taken 3-6

Those years of entry level would be pretty valuable while Hannifin needs a new deal

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It was just meant as he was a 5th overall pick who hasnt disappointed and has 3 years of development under his belt. I wouldnt move a player that like that for the 5th again and hope the new player develops equally well. So I would assume pick wise it would have to be 7th + something semi decent seeing as they would have no reason to deal him for the 5th pick alone and Vancouver dont even have that one

For sure. I wouldn't expect the Canes to move him for another chance at him. That wouldn't make sense at all. Just seems odd that youd have to spell out that a player picked a few years back is more developed than anyone in this draft. But then again, it is HF and one should never assume.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Canes would want 7 and Demko for Hanifin + 2nd Rounder. They get their future stud goalie and would probably take the stud Finn center Kotkaniemi to play with their 2 Finnish studs (Aho, Teuvo). Vancouver would never ina million years do that deal. I dont think theres a deal to be made between these teams and that Elliotte is throwing shit against the wall and hopes it sticks.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Has Friedman predicted anything lately? Any one of us could do what he does and we might even be better at it.

Genuine question, do you believe every rumour comes to fruition? And if it doesn't, do you assume it was baseless? I could list hundreds and hundreds of times Friedman broke stories. It's not his fault you can't distinguish between a rumour and an actual breaking trade. When he reports a rumour, he IS NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

dayner

May 23, 2017
I dont think that Juolevi is what the canes would want. The Canes would still have Jake Bean and Hadyn Fleury and behind Slavin that is a good left side going forward. Also Tanev doesn't make sense since Pesce is a similar type player.

Canucks can't be willing to trade Demko and the Canes, with the new owner, want to compete now and not want to wait for #7OA to develop.

Bad trade partners

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
Why is he available? Isn't he a top notch prospect?
If this is true I really hope the wild jump on this. They could use a young star on the blue line. Especially with suter possibly being done.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Carolina would be looking to take a guy like Wahlstrom/Veleno in this scenario most likely.

would the nucks do pick 7 and 37 for hanifin?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
That's because those 2 are premiere top pairing shut down dman that are mobile and big. Disagree? Where does hanafan stack up in pairings in Vancouver?
So you admit he’s not a top pairing defenceman then? That’s all I was asking you to do pal. Btw he’d play behind Alex Edler as the #2 LHD on Vancouver.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Noah Hanafin is a player who should definitely intrigue the Canucks. His size and all-round skill set would help the Canucks defense immensely.
If Hanafin's name is rumoured on the block, then Benning would be stupid not to investigate. You can bet Horvat, Boeser, Petterson, and even Demko would be considered untouchable. They are the building blocks of the new foundation. The 7th overall, Gaudette, Tanev, Baertschi, or any other draft picks, prospects or vets in the organization, will be on the table.

I personally am very interested in Hanafin on the Canucks depending on the cost, but would be very happy with drafting Dobson, Whalstrom, or whoever aswell.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Juolevi/Gaudette/Tanev/Dahlen + Virtanen/Lind/Gadjovich + Dipietro/Markstrom/Nilsson + veteran need

for

Hanifin + Darling.

Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, 7th, Demko wouldn't be on the table coming from the Canucks imo.

I.e, I don't think Carolina would do it without one of those pieces included.

Beziro

Jun 20, 2012
Hanifin trade is probably contingent on Tanev deal being completed....might be other parts included but could see something like this

Canucks - Noah Hanifin
Hurricanes - 7th Overall

Canucks - 10th 11th or 12th Overall
Oilers or Islanders - Chris Tanev

Or simply

Canucks - Noah Hanifin
Hurricanes - 10th 11th or 12th Overall
Oilers or Islanders - Chris Tanev

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
yeah I don't see the upside of CAR trading Hanifin for 7OA without something else coming back with it. it's just a big, fat punt on a #5 overall pick that hasn't even come close to flopping. why do that when you can bridge him at a perfectly acceptable top-4 salary and let him blossom under a new coach?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Unless the draft goes something likeL

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Hughes
Wahlstrom
Dobson

I'd keep 7th OA.

Do a three way deal with Edmonton.

Carolina gets: 10th Overall pick+Sven Baertschi+Ben Hutton+40th Overall(Edm)
Edmonton gets: Chris Tanev+Victor Rask
Vancouver gets: Noah Hanifin

Fair?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
only makes sense for a starter. that is their need.

the seventh is a not in the discussion. a later pick or a dman is more likely.

would logically have to be demko. for it to happen that would have to mean canucks are very high on depietro.

overall it seems unlikely. maybe they want sutter back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad