McKenzie: “More likely than not” that Hoffman gets traded this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Good add if you ask me. Hopefully they will leave Max and Alex out of this one. Please?

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Why is Ottawa trading Hoffman? He isn't expiring. Weren't they trying to convince Karlsson to stay? It almost seems like this could be interpreted as Bob saying "Senators no longer trying to convince Erik Karlsson to stay".

If it ends up being a "hockey trade" then forget everything I said.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri+ a little extra?

Fabbri is great, but his injuries are obviously a concern. It’s a calculated gamble for Ottawa as he will be cheap as an RFA this offseason and has proven he can play in the NHL, but back to back ACL injuries are clearly a big red flag.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Why is Ottawa trading Hoffman? He isn't expiring. Weren't they trying to convince Karlsson to stay? It almost seems like this could be interpreted as Bob saying "Senators no longer trying to convince Erik Karlsson to stay".

Because our owner cannot afford to own an NHL team. When a season is lost, and playoffs are out of the picture, he gives the GM Order 66: destroy salary by any means necessary.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

The Senators have a 68 million dollar budget for player salaries.

They have around 67M committed to 18 players next season.

They have to pay Mark Stone, and then if they keep Ceci and Claesson both of them as well.

They also then have to fill out their roster with another 2-4 skaters depending on who they keep out of those players.

It may not be the entire reason they are trying to trade Hoffman, but the numbers are far too coincidental for this not to be a salary oriented move. Hoffman is one of the only players the Senators have that would clear enough salary to pay Mark Stone (at least his 1st year if the contract is backloaded), and actually bring them value back in the deal.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Would encourage trade offers to be made by first asking yourself "how many consistent 25-30g, 55-60p wingers does my team have, and would I trade one of them for the offer I am proposing the Senators in this post/thread?"

That being said, I bet when Hoffman actually gets moved it will be a very disappointing return. GMs really seem to be failing to understand that the reason "the team who gets the best player wins the trade" is because they never get enough in return for the player they are giving up.

Reactions: Deficient Mode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->