“I wish I could have done a better job” Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
Ok I promise this is my last post on this clown.

"Being the captain there as long as I was, I should shoulder a lot of that responsibility in not doing a good enough job and leading that team," he added. "I wish I could have done a better job, but I know I gave it everything I had, and looking back, I have no regrets in the way I performed ... I just obviously wish we'd had more success and done a better job."

Ya but John, that’s nice and all but just say that you lied to the Islanders that you wanted to stay, played the second half like a 4th rounder, and you wanted to go to T.O all along.

Tavares responds to Lou: 'I have no regrets in the way I performed'

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
If he played as hard in the second half as he did in the first half they would’ve put scored every team into the playoffs

Reactions: SI90

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
He told the team not to trade him at the deadline he didn't say to the team he wants to be a islanders for life. He repeatedly said to the team, through his agents many many meetings with Malkin, that he hopes he stays an islanders for life but that would only be if the arena situation got settled and the team was a winner. Doug weight said in newsday first day of camp a year ago that JT earned the right to go to uFa, he said JT was looking for many things and winning was a high priority. It wasn't a high priority to the team until JT woke Malkin up by walking away.You couldn't get more honest than JT, if he never told the team he needed to be on a winner, you could claim he mislead the team. The problem is JT's idea of a cup contender and Malkins and snows were miles apart

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Media- “John, did you see Lous comments yesterday when he said the islanders didn’t accomplish anything and didn’t win with you?”

What Tavares should have said - “ I’m just concerned with the TML and getting ready for the upcoming season. That’s my main focus right now”

How hard is that? This guy is amazing. You left. Stop talking about the isles.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Ehh. I read that as a PC statement, and one that, of course, protects him.

He’s saying he wishes he could have done a better job, but also that he did his best and has no regrets (self-protection).

Only thing I’ll add is that Snow didn’t always set the team up for success and didn’t surround JT w the right cast/talent.

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I believe that somewhere along the way in his 7 year contract with the Leafs the media is going to break him. I would love to hear some profanity come out of his mouth.

Reactions: bigtim1988
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad