Friedman: “Believe Kovalchuk’s eyes are on New York” (if he returns to the NHL

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Please no.

Edit: Actually, I'm convinced. I'll take him.

Last edited:

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
last thing the NYRs need right now.
Perhaps after we settle in after the fire-sale but maybe the Isle continue to totally fowl up taveres. It is wishful thinking but the Isles are not Tampa and Snow is not Yzerman.
Figure if Taveres is traded he goes UFA and if unsigned by season he goes UFA.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
To who? I thought the Rangers were blowing it up? The Islanders future is uncertain as well with Tavares and Bailey being UFA's.

And I don't see the Devils trading him to a rival team.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Sounds about right. He'll sell some tickets/Jerseys. No harm no foul on a rebuild. He would probably get top 6 minuts if they blow it up. Maybe play him with Buchnevich?

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
last thing the NYRs need right now.
Perhaps after we settle in after the fire-sale but maybe the Isle continue to totally fowl up taveres. It is wishful thinking but the Isles are not Tampa and Snow is not Yzerman.
Figure if Taveres is traded he goes UFA and if unsigned by season he goes UFA.

TAVARES is not getting traded

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Kovy is all about the $$$$$$

He will go to whoever gives him the biggest contract. He's always been about the top dollar. Good luck to whoever gives it to him and the length he's prob looking for. This isn't the Kovi from 10 years ago.

With the Rangers about to sell off key assets, I don't understand why he'd want to go there or why they'd want him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He should have zero intrest in New York.

Jersey would be roster wise be much better.
Florida could offer him a top6 role with one of Trocheck/Barkov and have Dadonov/Barkov to help him out.
Carolina could put some money on the table for him& they could give him a nice spot as well.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The Rangers are selling, the Isles MIGHT miss the playoffs and MIGHT lose Tavares.... I'm not trying to bash those clubs... but NJ would be the better of the three options. If he wants to go to a contender, he should be looking at Nashville, Toronto, Tampa.... Not really sure who has the cap space for him though.

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also, the Devils are no longer associated with Kovalchuk outside of the 250k cap hit for the next 2,232,234,674,745 years.
They don't have his rights and no one has to approve of him coming back into the league. He can wander in as a UFA.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Kovy is all about the $$$$$$

He will go to whoever gives him the biggest contract. He's always been about the top dollar. Good luck to whoever gives it to him and the length he's prob looking for. This isn't the Kovi from 10 years ago.

With the Rangers about to sell off key assets, I don't understand why he'd want to go there or why they'd want him.
Yeah I have 0 interest in him on NYR. His whole wanting to make 100M for the show of it turned me off and then him jumping ship to “retire” made it a thousand times worse. He’s older, slower, and all about making as much as possible. Sounds like a recipe for a terrible contract to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->