‘Game of Thrones’ Aegon’s Conquest Spinoff in the Works

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think this one has potential if done well. The one I really don't want to see, at least for a long time is Robert's Rebellion. A song of fire and ice is more or less the real story of the Rebellion or at least the more interesting story and you learn everything you need to learn about the Rebellion as it unfolds.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't really like the idea of multiple concurrent spinoffs. Three Thrones spinoffs at once is liable to dilute the franchise and make each show feel less special. I'd rather that they just concentrate on one at a time. Of course, if it ends up being really good, I won't complain.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I don't really like the idea of multiple concurrent spinoffs. Three Thrones spinoffs at once is liable to dilute the franchise and make each show feel less special. I'd rather that they just concentrate on one at a time. Of course, if it ends up being really good, I won't complain.

hot d could be over by the time this airs

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
hot d could be over by the time this airs
I considered that, but had doubts that they'd end House of the Dragon after only 3 or 4 seasons. It seems like that could very well be what they're doing, though, as I just googled it (which I should've done yesterday) and found this old article:
In specific, The Hollywood Reporter revealed in July that The Dance of the Dragons, the Targaryen civil conflict that House of the Dragon will depict, is currently expected to only span about three or four seasons.

The outlet does note in the same piece that Sapochnik and Condal are open to keeping House of the Dragon going past The Dance of the Dragons by adopting an anthology-esque approach for the series. Essentially, that would mean that future, post-Dance seasons of House of the Dragon could focus on other iconic Targaryen moments from Westerosi history, including Aegon’s Conquest.
- Source: Why 'House of the Dragon' probably won’t be as long as Game of Thrones
So, it seems that they've since decided to cover Aegon's Conquest in a spinoff, rather than in later seasons of HoD, suggesting that HoD may well end early and be replaced by this show. If so, I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad