Post-Game Talk: Монреаль Canadiens vs Вашингтон Capitals @ 1PM, Bell Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
LA should be interesting. They look to be starting one of their typical pre-playoff pushes where they suffocate opponents defensively and have a goalie stand in his head. But they have played some crap teams too. Hope we pot 5 or 6 for good measure

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
B's fan here. Looks like all the that time on a line with Bergeron and Marchand has made Connolly a better player. Looks way more confident where he is now. I thought he was gonna put up around 40 points last year but had terrible puck luck. You guys may have a top-six player in him eventually. Seems like a playoff player just based on work-ethic. If he continues to develop his game he could be a steal. Can't believe we kept Jimmy 'fewer-points-than-Tuukka-Rask' Hayes and let Connolly go for nothing.

Thanks for beating the Habs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
B's fan here. Looks like all the that time on a line with Bergeron and Marchand has made Connolly a better player.

oh 10 4. Playing for Trotz to build his confidence and in an offensive friendly system instead of Boston is not what has happened to Connolly. It was Bergeron and CLODE!.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
oh 10 4. Playing for Trotz to build his confidence and in an offensive friendly system instead of Boston is not what has happened to Connolly. It was Bergeron and CLODE!.

Right? A year of mediocrity that led to not getting qualified is why he's so confident.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
B's fan here. Looks like all the that time on a line with Bergeron and Marchand has made Connolly a better player. Looks way more confident where he is now. I thought he was gonna put up around 40 points last year but had terrible puck luck. You guys may have a top-six player in him eventually. Seems like a playoff player just based on work-ethic. If he continues to develop his game he could be a steal. Can't believe we kept Jimmy 'fewer-points-than-Tuukka-Rask' Hayes and let Connolly go for nothing.

Thanks for beating the Habs.

I think he's confident because he plays on a first place team whose offense has been destroying the league for the past month, and he has found a stable place on a 3rd line that is dominant in terms of possession. I'm sure playing next to Marchand and Bergeron helped him think the game at a higher level.

Thanks for the compliment though

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A speck late - apparently depriving RH of some over/under beer money

Of course right before that no goal, Oshie chased down a puck for a near slam duck, but got it just as he passed the empty goal.

But I got tomorrow going for me, which is nice #AllinWardrobeFailFTW

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Of course right before that no goal, Oshie chased down a puck for a near slam duck, but got it just as he passed the empty goal.

But I got tomorrow going for me, which is nice #AllinWardrobeFailFTW

I noon game against LA on a back to back. I hope you took the under.

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015

I meant moreso that his confidence is high because of his current linemates; they all seem to feed off each other.

I also meant I noticed a gradual improvement in his overall game playing with 37 and 63 last year. Guess I should've said that after playing a season with those two, I'm not surprised he's playing well this season. Showed a lot of promise and is now on a more dominant team.

Didn't mean his confidence was high because of 37 and 63 lol. In fact, they grilled him frequently on the bench game in, game out anytime he made a bonehead play; he made fewer mistakes as the last season rolled along, that's why I meant those two helped a bit with his development.

Trotz seems to recognize what he has in Connolly and seems to know the ideal fit for him. Helps he clicks with Eller and Burakovsky and that he's producing while averaging 10-11 mins a game.

Last edited:

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
I think he's confident because he plays on a first place team whose offense has been destroying the league for the past month, and he has found a stable place on a 3rd line that is dominant in terms of possession. I'm sure playing next to Marchand and Bergeron helped him think the game at a higher level.

Thanks for the compliment though

This is what I meant but didn't word it how I'd have liked to. Going from a mediocre B's club last season and having a lot of pressure placed on you, to a team that's winning games and can roll four lines must've done wonders for his confidence.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I meant moreso that his confidence is high because of his current linemates; they all seem to feed off each other.

I also meant I noticed a gradual improvement in his overall game playing with 37 and 63 last year. Guess I should've said that after playing a season with those two, I'm not surprised he's playing well this season. Showed a lot of promise and is now on a more dominant team.

Didn't mean his confidence was high because of 37 and 63 lol. In fact, they grilled him frequently on the bench game in, game out anytime he made a bonehead play; he made fewer mistakes as the last season rolled along, that's why I meant those two helped a bit with his development.

Trotz seems to recognize what he has in Connolly and seems to know the ideal fit for him. Helps he clicks with Eller and Burakovsky and that he's producing while averaging 10-11 mins a game.

Most young players take a while to figure it out. Bs simply gave up on him 1 year before he put it together. It was obvious last year that he had potential to become a good NHL regular unlike Hayes who obviously had no hockey skills other than his size. Tampa did the same thing with Marchessault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad